SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 27, 2009

Letting Go

I find it very hard to come home from work and just let go. It’s a mind thing for me. I ruminate everything over and over and over in my mind until I’m about to go crazy.

My husband gave me some good advice when I asked him why he doesn’t ever come home stressed out. He says that when he leaves work, he leaves all of the work stress at work so that he can come home and be happy with me. :) That’s exactly what I need to do.

I’m not going to be able to change what’s going on at work but I can change my attitude. I’ve settled it that I am looking either for a new position or a new job totally. The decision is made and so there’s no reason to go over and over in my head why I hate my job so much.

The quality of my day depends very much on my own attitude. Everyone else can be rude to me, things can go unfairly, and everything can go wrong at work, but how I react to it is what is important. My attitude is everything. In many aspects, I tend to be a pessimist. I like to think that overall I am optomistic. I really am. It’s just that sometimes instead of continually filling the glass, I let it get a little empty and then everything seems hopeless.

Maybe I’m not making myself clear. This whole post is just a therapy session for me. But I can also relate this to my dieting. I will go over and over one little mistake in my head and beat myself up about it. I guess this is my personality, but I can always change that.

My Dr. actually told me that I need to stop stressing out because it raises my blood pressure. She told me that I’m young and I can make these changes. I’m going to start right now. I want to have a more positive attitude toward everything in life! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...