SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

So far everything has gone relatively smoothly eating wise. Thursday night my family arrived and we all went to Subway for supper before heading to a movie. Subway is always a healthy choice. I did splurge and have ice cream later on at a local place, but I didn't eat it all, and that's new for me!

Friday morning my Dad and I got up at 7 AM and went for a 2.5 mile walk together. It was really nice and we talked a lot about dieting, lifestyle changes, etc. It's nice to have other people working towards the same goals because it inspires me to do better. After we got home, I cut up a big bowl of fruit for him, my mom, my husband and myself. Yum! My mom brought TONS of fruit for me!! Cherries, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc. They have the best produce store. After breakfast my brother wanted to go for a run, so I rode my bike as he ran. He impresses me that he can run for so long without stopping! The town I live in has a 5k on the 4th of July every year, so we decided we will work towards that next year. Lunch was egg salad on Arnold sandwich thins and a serving a baked chips. Then, my mom, brother and I headed to the pool. My brother and I did a lot of swimming and we had a lot of fun and also got a nice tan!! We had a rice krispy bar as a snack. After that we had to go to the grocery store and get groceries and my mom so sweetly insisted on buying 1/2 of the stuff! That was really nice! When we came home we had grilled chicken that I marinated, and my brother made "dirty" mashed potatoes (which were probably the extent of the bad eating), and we had a little bit of lettuce from our garden. After supper, my brother, husband and I went for a little bike ride. There is a lot going on in my small town this weekend with the 4th of July and we plan to try to catch some of that before the cookout we're having for supper.

I hope everyone is having as great of a 4th of July weekend as I am. By the way, yesterday I weighed 257.4 (that's .6 over my 3o lb goal!!!) If I can just keep this off until Wednesday weigh in!

1 comment :

  1. The best part of it for me is that your tone is so HAPPY. I see you finding ways to fit in your health as you go out and live normally. Have a great fourth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...