SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July Weekend Continued

It's hard to believe this weekend is almost over already! It was so nice to have 3 days in a row off, thanks to my friend at work picking up a few of my hours for me! The weekend continued to go well from my last post. Saturday morning my Dad and I went for a walk at 7 AM. It was misty the whole time, but we went anyways. He has gotten me started on the morning walks now. I did not go this morning, but we plan on getting a bike ride in later tonight. Starting tomorrow, I am going to get up at 4:30 AM to get in a workout, at least on workdays. I might just walk, depending on how I feel that early in the morning, but I may try my run/walk routine.

Also, the town that I live in has a 5k on the 4th of July every year. So I've made it my goal to participate in that next year. I think a year gives me plenty of time to improve to be able to run close to that amount without walking? I'm not really sure. What suggestions do you have for me? I have followed the couch to 5k program quite a few times and stay on the 1st week, never going past that, because it seems like I never improve enough to up the workout! How do you know when you're ready to go to the next level? If I start waking up early faithfully, there's no reason I can't be ready for a 5k a year from now. Kind of exciting!!

We also went up to the fair in the park. My brother participated in the free throw contest and got 2nd place for the 18 and older category. (How cool is that?) He missed ONE shot! He also rode the mechanical bull, that was a lot of fun to watch. My husband and I split a funnel cake, I know terrible right? I haven't had one of those since I was a freshman in high school, so almost 10 years! It was a treat.

We did go to the pool on Friday and that was a lot of fun. We were only there for 1 1/2 hours, but I still got sun burnt. I'm starting to get a tan, which I never get anymore thanks to having to enter the adult world of having a job. :) For once, I decided to go down the slide at the pool instead of worrying what people would think of me, or that it would draw attention to myself and people would make fun of me. I'm trying to learn to set that all aside and just learn to enjoy life!! It was so much fun!!

We had a cookout on Saturday night. I ate a little of everything but didn't go overboard. I have to admit the food was pretty much everything I wouldn't normally eat, but it was the 4th of July and things like this will happen in life. :) Everything went really well. We ate inside the garage this year because it rained all day, but turned out to be a beautiful evening for the fireworks!

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend! I had such a great weekend and it felt like I did all of the things that you do in the summer time. :) I love to think ahead a year from now and wonder what weight I will be, what I'll look like, what size I'll be wearing, and how much different I will be by then. To the next 4th of July!! :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...