SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 31, 2010

Goodbye to 2010

I cannot believe 2010 is almost over already! I have told Hubby numerous times that this was the best year yet. We had a lot of fun as we became a more active couple and my self confidence began to blossom. There were some hard times mixed in with the good, but overall, it was a great year!

First, I wanted to take a look at the resolutions I made on January 1st 2010:

  1. Run 1 5k: Not only did I run a 5k, but I ran 3 of them this year!
  2. Be a better wife: I asked my hubby about this and he said, “I’ve never really had a problem with you.” lol I guess I was a good wife. Winking smileBut I feel like I can always improve- and really, to make a happy marriage- both partners should always be striving to be a better spouse. I should always try to be a better wife- forever.
  3. Continue to become healthier: I wish I could say that I’m off my BP meds, but I’m not. But I have lost a lot of weight and have made great strides in my fitness level. I eat more fruits and veggies than ever before. I drink lots of water everyday. I’m definitely continuing to become healthier.
  4. Get debt under control: We are making strides in this area too. We don’t eat out as much as we used to, which saves a lot of money. But this one needs more work, too! Losing weight and being able to fit in smaller clothes does not equate to reckless spending. Winking smile
  5. Weigh less on January 1st 2011, than I did on January 1st 2010- Success! I started out the year at 245.8 and as of my last WI day, I weighed 214.8. That’s a 31 lb. weight loss this year, and I go by my first WI day in January for tracking purposes, so hopefully it will be more than that! I lost 30 lbs in 2009- so I did better this year (as long as WI next week goes well) than the last! It’s slow- but consistent!

Like a lot of bloggers have been doing, I went over my posts throughout the last year and picked out a few moments that stuck out to me- good and bad! It was fun to review 2010!

January-

  • My grandma passed away at the end of December 2009- her funeral was at the beginning of January 2010.
  • I participated in a Weight Loss Challenge at work, I didn’t win- but I just stayed consistent in my efforts. Many of the participants went back to their old ways- which I am still continuing- I’m a winner after all! Smile 
  • Hubby and I got very sick with the stomach flu. I hadn’t had the flu since elementary school! We spent a couple of days home together- SICK!

February-

  • I did the 30 Day Shred for 30 days in a row.

March-

April-

  • Looking over my posts, I really struggled in April with keeping on track.

May-

June-

July-

August-

September-

October-

November-

December-

I’m looking forward to a fabulous 2011! Stay tuned for my 2011 New Years Resolutions post tomorrow!

Wishing you a wonderful and healthy new year! Party smile

6 comments :

  1. Sooo glad to hear that 2010 was so good for you!!! I enjoyed looking over your recap of the year. You're doing wonderful and are such a good blogger friend. :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good year, well done and thought I've already said it once, happy new year and wishing you every success over the next 12 months. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year - and here's to an even better 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had a pretty dang successful year last year and got that much further in your journey to thinness.

    Your Hubby's response cracked me up a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had an awesome 2010. I hope 2011 is just as spectacular for you! :) Happy New Year! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...