SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!

92310 021

Warning, this post contains the use of weekly points and very delicious foods. :)

Today, the first day of Fall, I turned 25 years old. That is almost 30! Kind of scary. I love birthdays. I love to celebrate mine and I love to make others feel special on their birthdays. It’s just a fun time and who doesn’t like giving and receiving gifts? :)

Hubby took the day off to spend it with me! How sweet! It would have been really nice to sleep in, but a test in one of my classes was postponed to today. So I was up at 5:30 studying until 7:30- Not too fun!

Hubby slept in a little bit and came down stairs to join me for breakfast. I had 1 cup of oatmeal with 1/2 cup of strawberries and a cup of 1% milk for 4 points. What a delicious and filling breakfast!

92310 004

Hubby started giving me gifts last night. He SPOILS me on my birthday! I got two gifts last night and he let me open another one this morning- I was so happy with everything he gave me!! The best gift was him being home today!

92310 003

Hubby dropped me off at school for my test and for my other class. The test went alright. I think the studying helped on some questions but I was unsure on some of the others. I am an English major and I am used to writing essays, knowing the details but not memorizing facts and useless dates, etc. This class is not an English class, so the test was different than any of the classes I’ve taken since completing my AA! I’ll keep my fingers crossed that I did ok.

After class, we ate lunch at a Mexican restaurant we had never been to before. It was PERFECT! We got to eat outside.

92310 012

I had some chips and salsa (really didn’t go overboard with these AT ALL for once) and I’m going to overestimate and count this at 3 points.

92310 005

Hubby wanted to order a cheese quesadilla for an appetizer. I ate half of this- but it was so good! I am going to count it as 8 points. I don’t really know how to estimate this.

92310 006

For my meal, I got a daily special. I automatically cut it in half and only ate half of it. It was a tortilla stuffed with rice, refried beans and a little chicken. I counted this as 6 points based on the amounts I felt were in this.

92310 007

I am very happy that I didn’t eat the whole thing like I used to. I felt a lot better afterwards, too!

92310 008

Later on, we made a planned stop to a new bakery in town. I have been wanting to go to this place FOREVER! It is just the cutest little place and we will definitely be going back!! Hubby and I split two cupcakes: Peanut Butter Cup and Mocha. AH-MAZ-ING! Heavenly. Absolutely superb. I did a little research online and found similar cupcakes and nutritional information. I am going to count this as 5. I had half of each of the cupcakes.

92310 018

92310 017

I also bought a Hazelnut Chocolate Caramel coffee for 1 point. This was out of this world delicious, too!

92310 019

After that, we did a little shopping where I finally got to get stocked up on Victoria’s Secret lotions again- LOVE this stuff!

92310 026

We went home after that and relaxed. It was almost supper time by the time we got home.

I had to try a square of the chocolate hubby gave me for .5 point.

92310 024 

Fabulous, of course! I like that it is Organic, too.

For supper, we had waffles (with a little sugar free syrup), an egg, 1/2 cup of strawberries and 2 slices of turkey bacon for 11.5 points.

92310 033

Stay tuned for a post on the waffles! :)

Ultimately, I only used 9 weekly points today. I didn’t get in my fruits and veggies (oops- 2nd day of that, which is NOT normal for me). But today was a different day.

I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE of today (well except for the time at school…). Thank you so much for such a wonderful day, honey! I love you!!!

Who’s excited for the weekend? I AM!

13 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday! And *yum* on that cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a fabulous day and how wonderful for you that you have such a caring and loving husband!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday to you!
    Happy Birthday Alisaaaaaa,
    Happy Birthday to you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a wonderful birthday!!! Those cupcakes sound amazing! Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Looks like you had an awesome meal and great goodies! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Mae
    Happy birthday to YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

    Hope u had a great one!!

    Great gifts you got and lovely birthday meals...

    I have noticed something and actually tasted...America Oats of a lot thicker and courser than the South African and German Oats...I tried the Quaker oats that Sarah ( from USA ) sent me and it was horrible....but am going to keep trying...its because I am used so something else....and know I can change if I really want to..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Mae! Those look like well spent points to me. I'm glad to hear you had such a fabulous day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy! Looks like a wonderful day and you look great by the way :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy late birthday! Sorry I didn't see this on the day :(

    Your birthday treats look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your birthday was a complete success!!!! I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. and I missed your birthday! I am glad that you had such a great day! Here is to a GREAT year!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...