SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First Loss on the Points Plus Plan

I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed 215.8, so I lost 1.2 lbs. this week! Yay! It’s over my goal for 1 lb. a week, so I’m happy with that. It’s always hard to be too excited when you are not at your lowest weight though- but I will get there! I also weighed less yesterday than I did today…but so it goes! This was my first loss on the new Points Plus plan. I’ve lost a total of 72.2 lbs.

For breakfast this morning, I had 1 cup of oatmeal, a sliced banana and peanut butter along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 8 points.

122210 002

I want to eat more protein in the morning but it’s really hard for me to find eggs appetizing at 5 AM. I’m thinking I should try to find some protein powder and try mixing that into my oatmeal or something?

On my first break, I needed to try out the HG Dreamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge I made to make sure it tasted alright. It doesn’t remind me of fudge, but it’s not terrible either. 1 Point. I cut them into smaller pieces than the recipe calls for.

122210 003

I was dying to try out the new AE Dairy Greek Yogurt. They have Clementine flavor!

122210 006

I mixed it with 2 Cuties clementines for 5 points.

122210 004

I think this is the best Greek Yogurt I have ever had!

For lunch, I had a sandwich made up of light wheat bread, 6 slices Oscar Mayer Rotisserie flavored chicken breast, Bleu Cheese Laughing Cow cheese wedge, alfalfa sprouts, spinach/greens, and tomato for 4 points.

122210 007

I also had a cup of Lentil Soup and carrot sticks for 4 points.

122210 008

For dessert, I had a No Pudge! brownie for 3 points.

122210 009

I found out that I was approved to have Monday off of work next week. I had the rest of the week off, but wasn’t approved for Monday until this afternoon! I WAS SO HAPPY! After tomorrow, I have over a week off of work!!! It’s been forever since I’ve had that long off- I don’t even remember when!?

On my break, I was craving something sweet. So I had 2 hugs and 2 kisses. XoXo Smile For 2 points.

122210 011

I also brought back a cup of Early Gray tea to sip on for the afternoon for 0 points.

122210 012

For supper, I had egg beaters and turkey bacon for a total of 3 points.

122210 014

I also had a big fruit bowl made up of pineapple, banana, blueberries and kiwi for 0 points.

122210 013

I know this is crazy, but I’m starting to feel guilty about eating so much fruit. I try to fit my veggies in, I did get some today! So many people have told me to be careful of the sugar in fruit, but has anyone really gotten obese on fruit!? I’m still trying to figure this one out- but still feel guilty! Overall, I have to say that the fruit is a much better choice than other things I could be eating, but I do need to try to get more veggies in- even if I just have a salad every day.

I am also proud of myself because I made hubby delicious baked fish wedges for supper. While I would have LOVED to have eaten them too, I just didn’t want to use so many points tonight, so I came up with a low point meal.

Mostly because I wanted to save 5 points for 2 Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies tonight. Winking smile 

122210 015

I was very good and waited until dessert. I wanted them all day! And they were worth waiting for. Yum! You can find the recipe in my recipes section on my header!

I would have been exactly at my daily points target, but I realized I forgot to count my chicken at lunch today when I was getting this post together! Sad smile So that puts me at using 1 weekly point. I was trying to save all of my weekly points for this weekend, but I suppose using a few wouldn’t hurt!

Only 3 more working hours and then it’s VACATION!!

14 comments :

  1. A "two birds/one stone" idea for ya.. a protein-fruit smoothie with carrots or another veggie in it??

    Or you can see if you like any of the V8 Medley juices..

    I am in the protein dilemma myself.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss!

    I have never seen that brand of greek yogurt! It looks AMAZING!!!!

    Merry Christmas and enjoy your week off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Great job on the loss!
    Oh clementine yogurt sounds so good.

    Love all your eats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice loss!! That fruit bowl looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can add protein powder to oats. If you use soy, add extra water and cook it right from the beginning. If you use whey, stir it in near the end or it will curdle.

    I used to never eat veggies. Now I eat more, but can always improve. It's the cooking method that made a difference to me. I like roasted veggies best - or pan sauteed. I think if you find one or two that you really like the way they are prepared, then you will eat more. Nothing wrong with eating fruit over processed food, but it still does have calories. I don't worry so much about the sugar in fruit - but I do have to watch the calories.

    You had 3 servings of fruit today - no problem there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME! Congrats on that loss! You always have the best meal ideas, and I love looking at your pictures. I hope you have a GREAT week off work! Party time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, ALL of your food looks GREAT today (except for the bacon and eggs...)!!!! You ate well, and deliciously!

    And it's great that you had a loss on the new WW plan. Yay, the struggles are over! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on the loss....am so happy that you stuck to the program and now finding your feet...it does take a while. I see all users of the new WW are losing which is very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the weight loss. You are doing absolutely amazing and should be so proud of yourself and all your achievements!

    xo

    ps that sandwich looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A loss is a loss is a loss and should be celebrated!

    Justin's Nut Butter comes in pre-portioned packs and has lower sugar and 7 g of protein per serving. It is the yum. You might want to try it if if you have a Whole Foods type store near you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think you're eating too much fruit at all. A lot of the food you've been eating lately has seemed like more whole foods than processed (I really need to stop eating all the processed crap!) stuff which is really really awesome. As long as you aren't eating a TON of fruit, I think it's fine. Your servings look totally appropriate.

    I agree with the other person who said you should try smoothies with protein powder and some veggies blended in. I want to get back to making my green smoothies (it's the only way I'll eat greens)! Such an easy and delish way to get in your veggies :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo Hoo!!! Way to go on dropping weight the week before Christmas!!!! Your loss to date is incredible, and you are a TRUE inspiration!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay for you! hopefully it will be downhill going forward now. your sandwich looks really good. i never buy sprouts but they are good on a sandwich. ive gotten them on my Jimmy Johns before. - angie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...