SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter is Here: Travel is No Fun

Last night I did something really, really stupid. I was doing laundry and brought my laptop upstairs with me on top of the clothes in the laundry basket. I set it on the bed and stepped away and my laptop fell straight to the floor- a pretty big drop- and we have wooden floors! Everything seemed to be working fine until I tried to watch something on NetFlix and my computer went crazy and then when I tried to boot it back up it automatically shut off. So I went online and found a resolution to totally reset your laptop, that seemed to work until I tried to watch something on NetFlix and then after that I couldn’t get it to reset at all. This morning it seems to be working fine, I’m going to see if everything works alright if I don’t do anything major. The first thing I did when I got it working was to email myself my papers for school!! I usually do that but I hadn’t! So you can about imagine the panic last night! That was a huge stress relief to know I still had all of my hard work. Good to know my hard drive is here even if the laptop isn’t working right…but I hope it’s ok! Sad smile I really need to stop being so dropsy. Last weekend I thought I had ruined my camera because I dropped it and it wouldn’t focus. I am constantly dropping my cell phone, dishes, everything- ALL the time! How do you keep yourself from dropping stuff? lol

Whew! Sorry for the rant there!

For breakfast, I had a piece of whole grain toast topped with PB and banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 9 points.

12310 001

Earlier this week I won some coupons from Laughing Cow on Twitter and I got them in the mail today! Looks like I’ll have some to share with family, too!

12310 003

12310 005

Kelly recommended that I try eating an egg white stuffed with Hummus and I have been wanting to try this out! So on my first break, that’s just what I did. It was delicious and only 1 point!

12310 007

For lunch, I had a big salad made up of lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, 2 oz. turkey, and 1/4 cup Feta cheese with Light Ranch for 7 points.

12310 008

I also had a serving of Garlic Pita Chips for 3 points.

12310 009

Dessert was banana soft serve with light whip for 0 points.

12310 010

Later on in the afternoon I was feeling hungry so I had about 1/3 of a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar for 2 points.

12310 012

And a cup of French Vanilla coffee with French Vanilla creamer for 2 points.

12310 013

When hubby got home, we headed out on our way to Chicago. We ate Subway in the car. I had a 6” Turkey sub with baked BBQ Lays for 11 points.

12310 014

Later on, we stopped at a gas station and I indulged in a delicious cookie for 8 points.

12310 015

As we got a couple of hours away the weather got pretty bad and we had to drive like 40 mph, so decided to just stop and stay at a hotel. Too bad we didn’t make it to my sister’s tonight, but we’ll get up early in the morning and hopefully driving will be safer and easier! The hotel we’re staying at is very pretty!

12310 016

12310 018

12310 021

12310 022

I snacked on pistachios for 4 points (only 2 points worth pictured). YUM!

12310 023

I also drank a Slenderize for 0 points. I feel like I made a good snack choice!

12310 025

I ended up using 13 weekly points, I still have 27 weekly points left- so I think I’m in a good place. The hotel has continental breakfast, which means I should be able to eat pretty healthy for breakfast.

I’m not ready for this winter weather! But I’m sure it will be pretty in the morning. Have a great weekend!

8 comments :

  1. Hope you have a great time!!!! It looks nice. :)

    I drop my cell phone more than anything. It always seems like it's on the floor in three seperate pieces. If you ever find an anti-dropping mechanism, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dropped my old cell 3 times (officially for my hubby ;)). Had to change the screen twice. I keep knocking things and falling all the time :)

    Looks like a great weekend ahead for you guys! Have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool hotel - have a fun fun fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yikes! I feel your pain about the fear you've lost everything. We're so tied to our technology. Glad it seems to be working though. Have a FANTASTIC weekend, take care on those snowy roads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Errr, I can't NOT drop stuff! I'm clumsy as all get out. I even dropped my iPhone into the hot oven once when I was grabbing something out. The case has grill marks now haha! Seriously!

    Anyway, have lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Klutzes unite! My husband gets best buy black tie protection on everything I have access to! I actually had subway last night too, and I may have to break down and try this hummus stuff. I hear about it a lot, just haven't gotten around to trying it. Have a safe trip and enjoy the time at your sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby asked me today how many times I have to bend over to pick up stuff I drop each day? I told him about 10 to 20 times...ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you make your banana soft serve? If so, how?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...