SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sleeping in, Sledding and Scrabble

Today was another morning of sleeping in and it felt great!

For breakfast, I had 1 slice of light wheat toast topped with PB and a sliced banana along with 1 cup of 1% milk for 5 points.

122810 001

As always, I struggled and struggled to get myself to workout- but finally I decided that I didn’t want to deal with guilty feelings all day, so I just worked out. After I got stated, I felt pretty good so I completed 2.5 miles and I am very proud of my workout today. I walked 1/4 mile, ran 2 miles at 4.5 mph, and walked 1/4 mile. I am progressing! Once again, the HR monitor didn’t work because it gets interference from my treadmill or something, but I earned 9 APs!

For lunch, I made lunch based on a HG recipe. Grilled cheese with turkey bacon. My version was 4 points. I always dip my grilled cheese in ketchup- anyone else do this? I also had a side salad with light poppy seed dressing for 1 point. I also had some Diet A&W Root beer.

122810 002

For dessert, hubby and I split a Blueberry Greek yogurt and I topped mine with 1/2 cup of blueberries and a tad Cool Whip Free for 2 points. Yum!

122810 003

Like little kids, we excitedly headed out to go sledding after lunch! It was fun. The first time I went down the hill, I veered to the side, lost control, and went into snow that was about 2’ deep. I had snow up my pants, up my shirt, in my ears and all over my face. BRR! But I got back up and continued down the hill. lol. I forgot how steep that hill is! Whew- it’s quite the workout walking up the hill! I wore my HR monitor and I burned 313 calories in 45 minutes of sledding. The WW Activity tracker said that I earned 11 AP’s. I was REALLY exhausted after this. Climbing that hill was hard work- especially after running 2.5 miles this morning! My camera battery died, but hubby did get one picture:

122810 004

I was wearing 3 pairs of pants, 2 shirts and a coat that’s about 2 sizes too large- but it worked! Winking smile

We came home and got warmed up! I made hot chocolate for us to sip on. Don’t you just love the new mug my parents gave me? LOVE IT!

122810 005

I also had 4 Joseph’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chip cookies and 2 hugs and 2 kisses for 6 points.

122810 006

It was the perfect snack after sledding! We cuddled up and watched Around the World in 80 Days- it was pretty cute!

I also snacked on 2 clementines for 0 points.

122810 007

For supper I made something new- fish tacos (I had 2). They were actually REALLY good! I topped them with avocado, tomato, light sour cream and salsa. I also had fat free refried beans. This was a total of 10 points.

122810 008

And then I made a little quesadilla with a tad bit of 2% cheese and the leftover tomatoes for 2 points.

122810 009

For dessert, I had a banana drizzled with chocolate syrup for 1 point.

122810 011

After supper, I sipped on some Duchess Gray tea for 0 points.

122810 012

Hubby and I decided to play a game of Scrabble- being on vacation is awesome! Hubby won by a landslide…he’s good at Scrabble!

122810 014

While we played, I snacked on some pistachios and a chocolate kiss and hug for 5 points.

122810 013

That put me at my points target for the day. I will admit I had a couple bites of some other snacks after that- but I’m ok- nothing major. Winking smileBut I also just realized I forgot to count the little Quesadilla I made for supper- oops!

Tomorrow is WI day and I’m hoping my weight will be what it was this morning or less! I’m not worried about being in the red this week because of all that we had going on. I feel like I really made great strides in respect to how I will handle holidays from now on and that’s something to be very proud of- it’s PROGRESS! I don’t have to meet goal ASAP- it’s a journey and I’m slowly changing my habits- and that’s what is most important- not the number on the scale TOMORROW- but what I do with the rest of my life- and the scale will reflect that in the long run- it already has!

12 comments :

  1. Sledding looks like so much fun! My kids are constantly nagging to visit a place that has snow so they can sled. :)

    Good luck on weigh in tomorrow. I hope you get the numbers you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You´re doing so well with the running. congrats!! and good luck on the WI, although I´m sure you´ll do fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good weigh in tomorrow.

    And YES, I do dip my grilled cheese in ketchup!!! People think it's weird, but it just makes it so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo jealous of your snow! I don't think I've ever been sledding in my life. LOL Good luck at weigh-in tomorrow! Fingers, toes, eyes, legs, and everything else crossed for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot that hugs and kisses were candy!
    heehee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE fruit and cool whip! The yumminess to calorie ratio for cool whip is very high =)

    Also, every time I open your blog, I start craving a PB & banana sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea wearing your hrm while sledding. I always know it's a great workout but never know how many calories are burned. I'm definitely going to wear mine if we get enough slow to go sledding.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going sledding it's always so much fun! All of your food looks absolutely delish. Between all the christmas goodies and meals I am far from on track. Looks like I best get back on track ASAP. Hope youre having a wonderful day!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pictures as always!! Glad you're having a great vacation with the hubby- enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your run! It just takes a little extra effort to get into a new speed. In a few more weeks it will be a breeze! Your day sounds so fun. I love that you played scrabble. I was thinking Derek and I need to start playing games. I might look at Target to see whats out there for 2 people games. Hope WI went well for you this AM. You're lookin' good either way. :) - Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE sledding. Good luck at weight in!!! I have everything crossed for a good one!!! Have a good day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great example of a full day of healthy food. my problem is that i will start out the day eating pretty healthy and then as the day goes on i have no idea what to do

    ...by the way, I'm jealous that you're able to go sledding :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...