SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 12, 2010

1st Day Working at Home

Today is officially my first day at home! I’m hoping everything goes well so I can continue to stay at home.

Hubby and I got up this morning at 5 AM after a restless night. I think I was just nervous about the day and hoping everything would go right. I woke up feeling like it was the first day of a new job- you know those stomach butterflies and all. :)

For breakfast I had 2 slices of wheat toast with almond butter and a medium banana for 6 points.

71210 001

After hubby left for work, I headed out for my morning workout. I did Week 6:Day 3 of the C25K workout- 2.25 miles of continuous running! I was so proud of myself. It took me about 30 minutes. I burned 458 calories. It was about 67* and 100% humidity. It didn’t feel too bad.

I had extra time in the morning, which was awesome- I loved it! I made up an iced coffee (1.5 points) and signed in for work! Everything went smoothly with the exception of one program- which I will have to get fixed.

71210 004

For my first break- I ate 2 small peaches (.5 point). I counted out 16 animal crackers to munch on until lunch time.

71210 005

71210 007

For lunch, I had a salmon burger with 1.5 cups of green beans. (4.5 points) DELISH! So much better than my cold sandwiches.

71210 010

I had 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt and 1/2 cup of strawberries for dessert- this is one of my faves. (1.5 points)

71210 009

For my last break, I decided to drink a diet orange pop. I didn’t know if I was really hungry or if I wanted to eat out of habit. It was refreshing and delicious!

71210 011

I was glad it was time to be done working because we were starting to have PC problems- not my problem, but network problems. Hubby was on his way home, so when he got home we cooked dinner together. I was craving this all day long, I don’t know why- but it didn’t disappoint! Creamed Beef over toast. The wax beans are fresh from our garden. (5 points)

71210 012

For dessert I had fresh peaches over vanilla ice cream for 3.5 points. It’s that time of year when we get boxes of Missouri peaches from the in-law’s- YUM!

71210 016

A while later, Hubby and I cuddled up to watch Wimbledon, a garage sale find. It was pretty good. We split a bag of jolly time healthy pop kettle corn and I also had 15 pretzel M&M’s for 3.5 points. This was such a treat. I love popcorn, but have been avoiding it a little bit because it shows a false gain on the scale from the sodium, and that’s just depressing sometimes. :)

71210 017

Overall, I had a good day. It was nice to be home and working in my comfy yoga pants and a t-shirt. :) Tomorrow, I have to bring my PC in to fix the program issue. So I can work a 1/2 day at the office and drive home on my lunch break to work the last 1/2 of the day.

Points: 30/31

AP Earned: 9

9 comments :

  1. LOOK at you GO! I am very jealous...I wish I would get off my butt and go workout...it isn't like I don't have tons of time on my hands. I need to take your lead and get out there!

    What is in the creamed beef? It looks like comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a great first day at home!! :) Kudos to you for photographing your eats as well!!

    Oh and AWESOME job on the run, you are making some great progress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. What did you do in addition to the running for your AP points? Just curious what your training plan is. Are you using a heart rate monitor?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent job on the food - it looks amazing and so healthy! Glad you enjoyed your first day home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oH MY GOSH CAME AROUND EARLIER TO READ THEN RUSHED OFF TO PICK STRAWBERRIES TO SEE THE SEASON IS OVER...THEN WE WENT TO A OLD RUIN OF A CASTLE...NOW COOKING DINNER AS GOING OUT FOR A JOB LATER AND SEE I HAVE NOT COMMENTED YET!!!
    SORRY!!!
    LOVE SEEING WHAT YOU ATE TODAY...AMERICAN FOODS LOOK SO INTERESTING TO ME ANYTHING DIFFERENT.
    GOOD GOING ON THOSE POINTS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw your response about the ap points. I use a heart rate monitor too. The formula for using a heartrate monitor is 1AP=100 calories. It's in the WW materials. So, if you eat your APs estimated by a heart rate monitor, you aren't eating all the calories you burned. With you building up your running, it will likely become important at some point to eat some of your APs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again. In response to your question, it is in the activity book in the fine print or it was in the old book before momentum. Check around on ww online forums in fitness getting started. The 1 ap = 100 calories burned with a heartrate monitor is all over place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I only thought about it because I was wondering what else you were doing to burn all the calories (you posted your HrM calorie burn. I'm figuring out how much I have to eat as I extend my mileage in running. There is a balance to eating enough but not too much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could have written this post myself! I am WW and Couch to 5k'er! http://cassie1984.blogspot.com/2010/07/weight-watchers-couch-to-5k-and-diet.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...