SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

C25K GRADUATION

We found out this morning that we have a new NEPHEW- not a niece! They really pulled that one off! They even told us the name they had picked out for the new little “girl.” :) Can’t wait to meet him!

I ordered this for him. We kind of started ordering blankets or teddy bears for our nieces and nephews when they were born and we have them personalized w/ their names. The zXrents seem to like the gifts, so I guess we’ll stick with that. Kind of a unique gift. Baby pictures, etc. have been taken w/ them- so I think that’s a good sign! I hope they like this one too!

For breakfast I had 1 cup of cheerios topped with 1/2 cup of blueberries and 1/2 cup of 1% milk for 3.5 points.

8310 001

I made an iced coffee to sip on all morning. So refreshing! 1.5 points.

8310 002

The morning went quickly- which I love. For break, I brought back 16 animal crackers for 2 points.

8310 003

For lunch I had a delicious salad made up of lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, sharp cheddar, Feta, chicken breast deli meat and a boiled egg. I also topped it with Bleu cheese dressing. This was 9.5 points total. I need to find a good low calorie salad dressing because 4 points for 2 Tbs. is ridiculous!

8310 004

I also had a serving of crackers for 1 point.

8310 005

No snacks on my last break either. Instead, I kept myself busy doing laundry and unloading the dishwasher.

For supper, I had a little chicken in peachy mustard sauce and topped with some slivered almonds, Brussels sprouts with onions, a piece of honey wheat bread topped w/ some light margarine and currant jam. I estimated this to be 8 points.

8310 007

Dessert was a serving of light ice cream for 3 points.

8310 008

I’ve started a habit. I planned on running this morning, but got to thinking- I have been running the night before weigh in for quite a while now and have been losing a little ever since. I can’t ruin that, now can I? :) So I waited to run until tonight. Since it was 90* outside and humid, I decided to take it inside to the treadmill.

I FINISHED THE COUCH TO 5K PROGRAM!!! I never thought this would happen! Whoohoo! It took me 13 months to complete- but I did it either way! I was a little slower this time and it was hard to do- it’s always hard on the treadmill though. I burned 588 calories. Finished in 46 minutes.

What do I do now? Do I keep running 3 miles, 3 times a week? Do I run 1 mile as fast as I can? Please- I need suggestions!!

So that better prepare me for weigh in tomorrow! I’m hoping to get my new running shoes! :)

9 comments :

  1. 16 animal crackers - like a little petting zoo!
    Treadmills count, too. Why risk the heat!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things:
    1. You must post the peachy mustard recipe.

    2. I see you're a runner. Would love to get some tips on how you started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go on becoming a graduate! Awesome stuff!

    And congrats on the new addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love c25k. Best thing I ever did. I took it slow after "graduating" and maintained running every other day. I did the one hour runner program (you can google it because I can't find my link). Not as structured as c25k, but a program nonetheless. After several months, I started making one of my runs a longer run (very slowly). I'm no expert, but I am an overweight runner. I still struggle with my pace and there are many runs that I still struggle with (some because of heat/humidity here). If you want to talk to me more about it, email me. And CONGRATS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heavens this makes me hope our new little girl stays a girl and does not come a boy in November!!!!
    I'm looking forward to a little Princess after 3 Princes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new addition to the family :).

    And congrats on graduating the c25k! Thats awesome! I never got past week 3.

    Hope you have a great WI. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am certainly not a runner, so I have no advice there. I would like to know what kind of brussel sprouts you buy. Do you buy them in the produce dept. or farmer's market? I have only ever used frozen and would love to try fresh ones.

    As for the salad dressing, my all time favorite is the FF Dorothy Lynch. But I ache for a good bleu cheese dressing! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just started the C25K yesterday! :) Congrats on finishing it! I've heard a lot of people say after they finish C25K, they start G28k (Gateway to 8K). Google it! After that? Freeway to 10K! ;) Google that, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on finishing the C25K program. What an accomplishment! I guess they thought the baby was a girl at the first u/s but then changed their minds? Or is he already born? Either way - congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...