SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Peaches and Produce, A Concert, and A Run

I spent Saturday morning trying to take care of the 3/4 bushel of Missouri peaches that we have. It literally took me 2 1/2 hours. But, I made 18 cups of jam:

72410 002

72410 003

Cut up more fresh peaches for eating:

72410 004

and made a peach cobbler (3 points per serving):

72410 007

I still have more in the fridge to eat fresh- WOW! I also froze 4 freezer bags of peaches last week and our in-law's give us canned peaches. I think we’re prepared. lol They’ll be fantastic in the middle of the winter when you can’t find peaches! I also use the jam in my cooking. I love peach with pork and chicken.

Hubby won tickets to a concert with 4 performances- it was so much fun. It was outdoors, so it was perfect. We were there for over 6 hours.

We saw Tyler Dickerson:

JoshTurner 001

The Lost Trailers:

JoshTurner 011

Jimmy Wayne:

JoshTurner 018

And Josh Turner:

JoshTurner 023

JoshTurner 032

We are starting to get some produce from our garden. We had a couple of strawberries, the birds got the majority of them. We also have had a few raspberries and lots of wax beans. But now we’re getting our DELICIOUS pear tomatoes. This year we’re going to weigh them and see how many we get, because last year was just crazy- we had TOO many from the one plant. So far we’ve had 300g. They’re just starting!

garden 002

We also pulled our onions- this is the first year to grow these.

garden 001

Sunday night, hubby and I set out for a 3 mile run. The humidity was down, which was nice. I ran 1.5 miles and felt too tired to go on. The sun was absolutely baking me and I was so thirsty and felt sick to my stomach. But I’m glad I got out there anyway. 1.5 miles is much farther than I could do a couple of months ago! :) I burned 382 calories. I’m on the last week of C25K. I’ll try that first 3 mile run again on Tuesday evening!

Don’t forget to check out my post on Banana Soft Serve!

5 comments :

  1. Your garden is flourishing! We haven't tried onions - maybe next year. I love peaches and wish I could eat them every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How I would love to have a vegetable patch! You are so lucky to get all these fresh products! They all look lovely :) Someday i'll start my own garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peach jam sounds delicious!!
    Glad you had fun at the concert.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have to post the recipe for 3 pt peach cobbler!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...