SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Hubby!

Today was my day off and since it’s finals week I didn’t have any classes or finals today! But it was Hubby’s birthday and I had a lot to get done today for school so I got up with him at 5 AM.

For breakfast, I had 1 cup Cheerios, 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 1% milk and 1/2 cup blueberries for 6 points.

121410 001

Lot’s of 1/2 cups there! Winking smile

First things first- I made my list for the day.

121410 002

Thanks so much to Jury for giving me the Cherry on Top Award. It means so much to know people enjoy reading my blog! Smile

By 7:30 my stomach was literally growling. So I ate an apple with peanut butter for 3 points.

121410 003

I worked on my research project for about 2.5 hours and got a lot accomplished! That was such a relief!

I headed to the store to get the ingredients to make a specific cheesecake he requested. He wanted a healthy one this year. awww. Smile

And once again I was HUNGRY! So I had 1/2 cup of light vanilla yogurt and a serving of Lori’s almond joy granola for 3 points.

121410 006

I took my pink coat to get it altered today and I am excited to see how it turns out!

After that, I did a little shopping and then met Hubby for lunch for his birthday! This is the first time we’ve been able to do this in the 4 years we’ve been married. I really enjoyed it! Smile We went to Panera Bread, I had You Pick 2- Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Asian Sesame Chicken salad and a Whole Grain Baguette for 15 points.

121410 007

121410 008

I went grocery shopping and had quite the experience at Wal-Mart. I am so dropsy! At the checkout line, I dropped a package of blueberries and they rolled ALL OVER the floor. Everyone was staring at me and I wanted to disappear! And then the manager happened to walk by and shouted, “OH MY GAWD!” More stares. Embarrassed smile But I lived to tell it.

After that, I thought I would go over to Starbucks and get a coffee, but they had a sign out that their power was out and they were closed. So I headed home. I ate a banana on the way home for 0 points.

121410 009

Here’s what I got grocery shopping:

121410 010

I have to admit I am frustrated. I am frustrated that the end of my week has come and I am all out of points. To tell you the truth, I had a healthy snack last night (no not fruits or veggies) but about a cup of plain cheerios and went over my activity points. So tonight is hubby’s birthday and I am definitely going to go over my points again. I am cooking the meal and it’s all healthy food, but there’s just no way I won’t go over. I want to enjoy it and live life tonight and not worry about counting points and feeling guilty. All I can say is that I am happy that tomorrow is a new week and I can start again with a clean slate. So judge me if you will, but I am signing out for the night. I am going to eat wisely. We’re eating Tilapia for goodness sake and I am making veggies for sides. I am also making “light” cheese sticks using light mozzarella string cheese and fiber one for a breading. I made a very low calorie cheesecake for dessert, that would be 4 points per slice. I am not going to feel guilty. I am going to eat consciously and watch my portions.

Someone’s comments on my blog left me discouraged. I know they were meant to be helpful (and I respect this person a lot for all they have accomplished- they are amazing) but they just frustrated me. We all have our own journey to travel. Your way may not be my way and vice versa. I have lost almost 75 lbs, maybe not quickly. But I am doing what has been working for me. So my frustration with this program has nothing to do with me not knowing how to eat right and how to lose weight. I am doing it. Have faith in me. But I refuse to give up any foods. REFUSE IT. I believe moderation is the key and that is what I am going to live by. Let me just make that known so it’s clear. If, FOR YOU, eating sweets or chips once in a while is a no no, then don’t do it. But for me, it’s what keeps me going. All in moderation.

But maybe the new WW program was not meant for me. I’m going to give it more time and then I may just switch back to the old program. I really don’t know what to do though because I may just be going through a rough patch, we all have those weeks- those months. What would you do?

So Thanks for reading my blog. I hope that I encourage you and motivate you. That is my purpose on this blog. I don’t want to lead anyone in the wrong direction with my food choices. But I certainly don’t want to be making a fool of myself on this blog if I think I am being healthy and I am not. Maybe taking pictures of what I eat everyday is the wrong way to go. But it helps keep me on track. It helps me to look back and see where I need to make changes. In no way do I recommend doing EXACTLY what I am doing. Do WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. (I’m still not at peace with this issue but I will work through it)

Happy Birthday to My Wonderful Hubby! Without him, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Thanks for changing my world and making my life beautiful every day. Smile I love you!

So I am signing out early and will spend the evening with hubby! Have a great night! Smile

Here’s what’s planned…

121410 011

14 comments :

  1. Hi there, I'm sorry you're not feeling it with the new WW program, but I will say the new program promotes eating more whole foods and some of things you're eating wouldn't be considered "whole". That's not to say you're eating badly at all. I would suggest for you maybe cutting some of the more processed items and having maybe having only 1 per day and adding more fruit and/or whole grain things, and protein.

    If you're able to switch back to the old points program, it might work better for your tastes, but also a simple calorie counting method might work out for you too. You're right that what you've been doing is working so making a change might be unwarranted and more difficult. Otherwise, I think you may have to change your food choices in order to avoid going over your points or using activity points if that's your goal.

    I hope this isn't a discouraging comment, it's not meant to be. I don't think you're making the wrong food choices if you're happy with what you're doing and seeing results, which you are.

    Enjoy dinner AND the cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you are feeling frustrated. Keep your chin up you have come so incredibly far and you have so much to be proud of. I know that I can't help you with the plan but I'm glad that you are giving it the best shot. Do you think that maybe sometimes it takes your body a while to get used to something new??? I'm not sure how different the new plan is!!! The old plan seems to work for you so well so I guess you could always go back to that right?? I know know it's sometimes hard to look at all you have accomplished when you are frustrated but I think that is so important. I also TOTALLY agree with you that moderation is key. I could not even imagine my life without sweets or even certain foods. I also think that taking pictures helps. After Ethan I was so determined to loose the weight I was writing down everything I ate so that I could see where I needed to make the changes and to see how much I actually ate....I was truly amazed. I think you should do what works for YOU and it seems like you have really figured out what that is so keep doing it.

    Looks like you have such a nice night planned for your hubby....you guys are so sweet. Enjoy your night and have fun!!!!

    <3 Betta

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong if the new WW doesn't work for you. We all have to figure out what works. That's why I ended up doing kind of a mash of a few different programs to create the way I eat.

    I hope I didn't say anything on your blog to make you feel bad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say do what feels right for you and I'm totally with you on all things in moderation.

    For the last couple of months I've been loosely following the old WW plan, making sure I'm eating enough to keep myself fueled and listening to cues from my body if I felt I needed more food. It has been working and I've been losing weight. I am planning on switching full force over to the new plan by January to try and help myself increase my fruits and veggies and to eat more balanced meals. (I have to wait until then because the schedule of my life currently doesn't allow for me to plan and prepare meals the way I'd need to in order to follow either WW plan more closely and that will change the last week of December)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! Your to-do list makes me feel like a slug! I'm exhausted just reading it =)

    Good luck figuring out the new weight watchers program!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right ~ each person has to find what works for them and go with that! If photo-inig your food and journaling what you eat works for you, keep doing it and to hell with anyone that thinks you are doing it wrong!

    Having said that, can I offer you some unsolicited advice? LOL! I have gotten into the habit of making myself a green smoothie everyday ~ water, banana, spinach & frozen fruit. Blend it all up and YUM. Based on the new WW program ~ it would be zero points and it COMPLETELY has cured my sweet tooth and it's also lowered my blood pressure, to boot! They are very filling and they are great to grab for a quick snack if I need something in my tummy, but don't want to use up a lot of calories.
    They are also an excellent way of getting more fruits/veggies into your diet. Oh, did I mention they are DELICIOUS?!
    Keep on keepin' on, girlfriend!
    ~Jessica
    http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree that each person has to do what THEY feel is right for THEM and no one else. Like you, I love the WW program because I don't have to give up the foods I love. I'm sorry you've been frustrated with it. *HUGS* I say if you feel like you should go back to the old program, then by all means do what feels right to you. I'm there with you, no matter what, every step of the way. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Have fun tonight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday to hubby!

    Now I want Panera. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice! Happy birthday to your hubby!

    Having my cake, and eating it too, is what keeps me going. Allowing myself a little dessert (in moderation) is what keeps me from going to Mc Donald's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your Hubby!

    I would suggest giving the new program a little longer, see if it is a funk or if the new program just doesn't fit you. You have lost 75 pounds! You know what you are doing and what works for you.

    I love reading your blog - you are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO SORRY I HAVE UPSET YOU...I know it was my comments i left about food choices...
    I will refrain from passing my thoughts on to you in future and keep it all to myself as you are right, this is YOUR journey and you HAVE lost lots of weight doing it your way.

    I mentioned my thoughts as I wish others had when I was on my journey....it would have helped me as it took me 2 years to figure things out and with that I wanted to share and help make your journey a easier one.
    Please forgive me...It was NOT my intention to upset you the way I clearly have...

    You have my word...no further input from me...I will continue reading your blog and only encourage you the best I can..

    Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a rough time of the year. Probably not the best time for the new program to roll out for us that have been doing WW for a while. It's hard to tell what is hard about the new program....is it the new program or is it life right now? The holidays, finals, life celebrations....it's so hard sometimes. I am aiming for maintaining over the holidays. I have also gone over points. The average person gains 12-13 pounds during this season. Maintaining is good for me, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First of all, BIG HAPPY Birthday to your Hubby! He's a lucky guy, what a nice evening you have planned!
    I can only speak for myself, but you DO inspire, encourage and motivate me with your blog! You are a true success story, and the path you have been on obviously works. Whether you stick to the new plan or revert to the old (as some are already talking about at my meeting) I have EVERY faith that you will reach your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're such a beautiful woman. Sorry to hear you're so frustrated with the new WW points.

    You completely deserve the award. Your blog is great and your attitude is lovely.

    Happy belated birthday to your husband. I hope you guys had wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...