SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Feeling Gross

I did terribly today. I ate chocolate and peanuts that I shouldn’t have and now I feel gross. And then to top it off, I ate roast, potatoes, corn and gravy for supper. I feel even worse!

Not every day is like this, of course. I actually lost a few pounds last week, which is a good thing! But ugh!

I feel like something has changed mentally. I don’t have that drive like I used to have. I want to be thin, but I don’t really believe I’ll ever get there and so I self sabotage myself over and over again.

Maybe I don’t want it bad enough. Whatever it is, I HATE IT. I must change.

I can keep saying this over and over and over, but at least I haven’t given up. I’m still trying. I suppose this “healthy” thing is a lifelong commitment and I will have bad days along with the good. That makes me feel a little better. Like less of a failure.

Tomorrow, Jess and I are starting our summer challenge together, so that will be inspiration to get it together…AGAIN. And another girl has joined the competition so the stakes are higher. This time we’re counting “healthy checks” similar to WW. We are focusing on habits and healthy choices, not just weight loss.

I’m sorry I’m not very inspirational these days…this has definitely been a rough patch in my journey. Sad smile

7 comments :

  1. i feel the same way. i don't have the drive I used to have. when you first lose weight when you're a kid it is easy...because you haven't failed before. but once you fail its like you begin to doubt yourself. Sorry i'm not very helpful...i'm in the same rut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it! Don't give up.. just think of all the reasons you started and how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done so well so far! Don't let one day take the accomplishment away from you. The big picture is still in sight!

    Tomorrow is the beginning of a new month. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep at it, Alissa. You'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did awful today, too. To name a few, I had crepes, choc morsels, and even choc chip cookies. I don't understand WHY. I just don't. It's enough to make you want to quit, but I know I can't tell myself I quit or I will be back at my highest again. I have so many good days, and then BOOM. I dunno. Wish I was able to help, but apparently I can only empathize and not help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel ya.. had a rough day (or a couple of days) myself this week. There definitely is a self sabotaging thing going on when we fall into this rut. Yet all we can manage is right now, so I can only offer you an encouragement to get your disciplined self revved back up the next 12 hours! I know you can do it, just pick yourself back up and one step at a time! I'm cheering for ya :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its a part of the journey I guess :) There are good days and then there are bad days. I have had bad days one too many. Just hang in there sweetie. You'll make through :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...