SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 28, 2012

20 Mile Bike Ride with Pics

Hubby and I went on a nice 20 mile bike ride today! It was beautiful! The park we rode through was very shaded in most parts, so it was the perfect location for a hot day. Here are some photos!

MemorialDayBikeRide 002

I’m not really sure what that line is across my head? lol weird. Must have been my hair blowing in the wind.

MemorialDayBikeRide 003

MemorialDayBikeRide 006

There were a lot of people out in the park today, being a holiday. I was reminded of how lucky I am to be able to move and bike—even though I may not like how I look or like my weight. We saw a man who could barely walk, walking the trails with two canes. He looked like he was learning to walk again, recovering from an accident. It reminded me to count my blessings. To be Thankful for what I do have.

MemorialDayBikeRide 007

Me:

MemorialDayBikeRide 008

Lilly pads! I don’t know why, but I am fascinated by these.

MemorialDayBikeRide 011

MemorialDayBikeRide 012

A goose:

MemorialDayBikeRide 013

Pretty flowers:

MemorialDayBikeRide 014

And one more of us…our customary “end of the ride” photo. We actually don’t look that tired! I think we could have biked a lot farther.

MemorialDayBikeRide 018

We actually rode pretty consistently, I think out average pace was about 12-13 mph. We stopped a couple of times for water. I felt a lot more fit this time riding these same trails that we rode last year. Weird. But it seemed easier.

MemorialDayBikeRide 019

Hopefully we have a lot more rides like this over the summer!

9 comments :

  1. It looks like you had a great day! I really want to get into riding my bike again. THe weather was nice where you were today too! It definitely was a weekend to get out and enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look great. Nice pics of the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a wonderful way to spend Memorial Day. Hope the rest of your week goes well too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look awesome!!! Way to enjoy the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great thing to do on Memorial Day! Sounds like you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You both look great..looks like it was a nice day too! I love going for a bike ride with my sweet husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely!! and you're looking great! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many people are connecting in this blogger and find different type healthy instruction use it .This is nice informative and creative post shared. When we will connect in site then we can find different type healthy blogger and use it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...