SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A Day of Delicious Food

Memorial Day weekend went by way too quickly. It seems like they always do! But it was relaxing and fun. Now come on 4th of July!! Which reminds me, I have some planning to do!

For breakfast, I ate Cheerios with 1/2 of a sliced banana along with milk.

Pool&BloodDrive 001

It’s always hard to get going after a holiday weekend, but I did what needed to be done and signed in to work. While working, I sipped on an iced latte.

Pool&BloodDrive 002

On my break, I ate a light cheese stick.

Pool&BloodDrive 005

And a 50 calorie bag of Pop Chips.

Pool&BloodDrive 006

For lunch, I ate a salad with lettuce, tomato, avocado, chicken, a boiled egg, sharp cheddar, cashews and light ranch.

Pool&BloodDrive 009

So good! I finished it up with FF/SF butterscotch pudding.

Pool&BloodDrive 010

And then I got to work on Job #2. I spent the entire afternoon working on stories and getting photos, but I had fun while doing it! I also love that I can spend most of my time working out in my porch. Open-mouthed smile

For supper, I had grilled chicken, butternut squash, and Texas toast with rhubarb jam.

52912 002

The chicken was SO good. I marinated it in this:

Pool&BloodDrive 004

I also had a side salad with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, almonds and raspberry vinaigrette.

52912 001

After that, we headed to donate blood for the first time. I was nervous, but it went ok! It was basically a pint of blood—that’s a lot of blood! Hubby donated too. He got pretty light headed, but he was ok after resting a bit. We will do it again!

7 comments :

  1. So in the states is it true that you get money for donating blood? Not saying that is why you did it!

    More people need to donate their blood. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't get paid for it, just donated. But I think you can get paid at some places... but that's kind of weird!

      Delete
    2. No, I didn't get paid for it, just donated. But I think you can get paid at some places... but that's kind of weird!

      Delete
  2. I heart butternut squash! Good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking menu Alissa. And congrats to you and your hubby for donating blood. That reminds me, I've overdue and need to "get givin" again soon! Have a wonderful Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your salads. It makes me want to run to the store and buy salad stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious food is nice and interesting food because we can know that and use it. Different types food in which use maintain health. When we will take health food then we can feel health. Most of the people are enjoying in this health.

    website design ma

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...