SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1st Start Date for Summer Challenge

Today is the day that the official challenge starts!

I do want to update you on how I did from when I reached 215.8 and decided something MUST be done. This morning, I weighed 211.6, so I have lost 4.2 lbs. since Monday, May 21. That’s a little less than 2 weeks. It’s not the lowest that I got to, but I have to be happy with the results that show a loss!

Our healthy checks (per day) are as follows:

  1. Eat at least 3 servings of fruits/veggies
  2. Drink 64 oz. of water
  3. 30 minutes of activity per day
  4. Stay within calories (this includes 1000 extra calories per week)
  5. Taking a daily multivitamin

I am going to struggle with the exercise and the staying with my calories. The rest of them I’m pretty good at doing just naturally now. So this will help keep me on track!

We can earn a half check each for drinking half the water and exercising at least 15 minutes per day.

At the end of the competition, there will be 2 winners: whoever loses the greatest percentage of weight, and whoever has the most healthy checks.

I have a few exciting (and scary) things planned! I will definitely be posting about them. And, hopefully, they will bring me closer to my fitness goals. Smile

Have a great weekend!!

8 comments :

  1. I like this post. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great challenge!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck and knock it out of the park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 64 oz! I've been struggling with water a lot lately. My minimum is 24 and I've been doing that pretty consistently but I need more. The healthy checks thing is a good idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the challenge! I am doing the Runners World running streak challenge on twitter where I have to run at least 1 mile each day between Memorial Day and the 4th of July. So far so good! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have come up with something similar for me this june!! Way to go! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the weight-loss. I like your summer challenge. It would be a total struggle for me to do the exercise. My goal for June is to start exercising. I hope to gradually build up, but as long as I improve from week to week I will be satisfied.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...