SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

How I’m Eating and Reporting

I hope that you are all doing well! Life has been pretty busy for me this week as I get used to a new schedule and get organized for my new job. I’m having fun so far, but I’m just very busy. My exercise has been lacking, which is not something I want to continue, but I’ve been trying to get everything together this week and it has taken up a lot of my time!

Eating wise, I think I’m doing ok. I’m going to be honest, I haven’t been counting my calories for the past few days, which I know can be a dangerous thing. Instead, I’m trying a new approach, that I would have been FRIGHTENED to have done even just a few weeks ago. Without really putting much thought to it, I’ve just kind of started to eat more intuitively. When I’m hungry, I try to eat something that I know is good for me. Actually, I’ve been doing this for a couple of weeks. I’ve had my ups and downs, but overall, my weight is decreasing and I feel pretty good! I am conscience of my good and bad choices and I’m learning from them without obsessing about it. It feels pretty good, actually!

I finally got my Jeep back tonight. I’ve been without my brand new Jeep for 6 weeks now. Shortly after we got it, we discovered we had been sold a lemon. It has been in the shop ever since. The dealer finally agreed to cover half of the expenses. It still doesn’t feel fair, but we’re happy we’re getting SOMETHING from them. The bill was over 2 grand.

Tonight I had my first major event to cover. It was more of a social gathering and a fashion show. I had fun!! I was a little nervous, but it really flowed pretty naturally for me. I’m just kind of doing my own thing. I made my own pretty little business cards to try to get people to know my name so they will contact me if they have an event going on! It will be my responsibility to get leads. So I’m just taking the initiative and hopefully that’s ok! I was an English major, not a journalism major, so I’m not quite sure what all the rules are! But feel free to enlighten me with any tips if you’re in the field!!

I got an awesome new camera, which I’m still learning how to use. I was nervous using it tonight for the first time, but the pictures turned out pretty good. I need to research a little more on how to use all of the settings. I also need to learn how to make the shutter speed work faster! I got a Nikon P510. This picture is terrible for a variety of reasons, but here I am all ready for my first major reporting event with my new camera. Smile

DSCN0027

What’s new with you?

8 comments :

  1. Wow! That look like a dslr camera!! :) Nixon is a very good camera company. For all of my photo shoot, I use a dslr from canon. I heard those two company are rivals ^_^ anyway, I hope you manage to get some exercising soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin like a reporter to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks about the Jeep, but you're right at least they split the cost with you!

    Nice camera! I'm usually to lazy to take mine out, so I either use my iphone or my point n shoot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On my Canon there is a small unmarked wheel type thing on the top of the camera near the button to take pictures and that works the shutter speed. I just got the camera for Christmas so I am still playing with it. Good Luck!
    That sucks about the Lemon, I am glad NY has a Lemon-Law preventing that. At least they paid for half...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice camera! Good luck with the intuitive eating. it's good to change things up and become comfortable trusting ourselves to make good decision. I think ultimately that is my goal, to not have to rely on programs or counting calories or points or any of that stuff. Listening to the body and giving it what it wants and needs is not the easiest thing to learn :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snazzy camera - I am jealous LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo Hoo. Swanky camera Alissa. Perfect for your new gig. So excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with you new job! I just got a Canon DSLR and there is a wheel on top of the camera that is not marked, that is the shutter speed adjuster for my camera. I have been playing with it for a while and still figure things out :) that is the fun part though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...