SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I’m on the 2 lb. Diet: Photo Food Journal

A new day! A new beginning. Another chance to try again. That’s all you can do.

Thank you for your encouraging comments. I really appreciate the fact that I can always count on my bloggie friends out there to understand where I’m coming from. You are all, genuinely, my support group. And I thank you!

One comment really stuck out to me and it makes sense.

image

The 2 lb. diet! It’s genius. Very small, mini goals. One foot in front of the other.

“Some of the days will make you move toward your goal and some will make you move away from the goal.”

It’s such a healthy way of looking at it. I am going into this weight loss thing long term. I’m not looking for quick fixes, so understanding that there will be bad days along with the good is key. Thanks, Kim.

Since I had quite a bit more down time today, I thought I would do a food journal post. I have tried to do food journal posts a few times in the past few weeks. Some days I start and end up eating something I probably shouldn’t and then decide not to post. Some days, I find that by taking photos of my food, I start obsessing way too much about my food, and I don’t like that either. That’s one of the reasons I stopped my daily food posts. I had started to focus way too much, obsessively, on what I was eating and that’s not healthy either. So I took a step back.

So here I am today doing a food journal again. I will do these here and there, when the mood strikes and I have time for it.

For breakfast, I ate Cheerios with strawberries, blueberries and skim milk.

5912 001

Please bear with me because I’m trying to learn how to use my camera. The lighting in my kitchen is horrible, especially in the morning, so the pictures came out pretty dark.

I also ate an egg.

5912 002

While working, I sipped on iced coffee with skim milk and fat free vanilla creamer.

5912 003

On my first break, I ate an apple.

5912 007

And 1/2 serving of dry roasted peanuts.

5912 006

My work day at job #1 went pretty quickly. I am loving my new schedule there. It’s definitely not an occupation I want to do for the rest of my life, and being done with it by noon each day makes it much more bearable.

For lunch, I made a chicken salad quesadilla melt. And it was DIVINE!

5912 012

I will be making this again and should share the recipe sometime!

I paired it with a side salad with lettuce, a whole tomato, feta cheese, light ranch and BBQ sauce.

5912 009

I wanted a little something sweet, but wanted to keep it healthy, so I ate 1/4 cup of 0% Fage Greek yogurt with 1 Tbs. of homemade rhubarb jam mixed in.

5912 013

Ummmm… I don’t think I will ever buy flavored yogurt again. This was AMAZING. I had never thought about mixing something into the plain yogurt. We use Fage 0% plain in place of sour cream these days, but I don’t ever eat it alone. So good!

And then I talked to Jessica, my weight loss competitor, on the phone. It was so nice! It’s awesome being able to talk to someone who understands my struggles, thinks like me, and has the same goals as me. It was motivating. Thanks, Jessica!!

After that conversation, I headed outside and ran 2.4 miles in 30 minutes!

5912 015

I wear my HR monitor to track my workouts, but I’m going to rely on my FitBit for the actual counts, as it will apply to food, because it’s always a much lower number on my FitBit.

I also decided to give MyFitnessPal.com a try today. So far, I like it. I can sync this with my FitBit also. My Fitness Pal gives me less daily calories, but after working out, it gave me more. I’m going to see how this works out for me and keep trying different things until I find something that really works for me and that I am happy using.

When I got home from my run, I decided to try a green smoothie without the yogurt, I used 2 oranges, 1 cup of spinach, and crushed iced. Amazingly, this was delicious and wasn’t lacking anything. I almost liked it better than with yogurt. You must have a good blender if you’re going to try this though.

5912 020

And then hubby called to say he was on his way home, so I started preparing an early supper.

I got these practically free at Target a while back. They’re pretty good.

5912 021

Nutritional information isn’t so bad:

5912 022

I think the ingredient list is kind of interesting.

5912 023

They’re basically made out of mushrooms.

So I ate that along with mushrooms and BBQ sauce, roasted zucchini, eggplant and onions (topped with parmesan), and 1/4 cup of light cottage cheese.

5912 024

It was very filling!

I finished it up with a FF chocolate pudding with a little light whipped topping.

5912 026

That puts me at 1,418 calories for the day. It feels so good to be on track!

Tonight, I have an event to cover for job #2 and some errands to run.

Have a good one!!

6 comments :

  1. I was starting to get obsessive over daily foods as well, and had to take a long break from blogging and really wasn't sure I was going to come back. Good luck!!!

    Jen@FoodFamilyFitness

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to do it! 2 lbs at a time. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had rhubarb jam, but I'll bet I'd love it. I love rhubarb!

    What a great idea the 2 lb diet is. I have such a problem with always thinking of the long term goal. With over 230 lbs to go, I need to think smaller. Maybe a five or ten lb diet for me.

    Stay strong, you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your doing better today. 2 lb diet! That's worth spreading the word about, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chicken salad quesadilla melt - this looks and sounds amazing. Please post recipe :D

    Wow you are doing so well! Food looks so yummy and it's amazing how much you can eat when you eat healthily :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. You SO have this Alissa!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...