SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Writing Style #HAWMC

Writing with Style. What’s your writing style? Do words just flow from your mind to your fingertips? Do you like handwriting first? Do you plan your posts? Title first or last? Where do you write best?

My blog posts are almost always spur of the moment. I go wherever creativity takes me. If I have something on my mind, I sit down and write about it and it helps me clear my mind. That’s basically what my blog posts are most of the time—just like journal entries.

I don’t really have any format for blogging except just letting the words flow from my mind to my finger tips. I’ve been told that I write like I talk, which is hopefully a good thing! I know I like more conversational type writing.

Once in a while, I plan my posts if I want to post a recipe or a product review. Otherwise, they are pretty spur of the moment!

I always add my title last. Titles are hard to come up with!

I write my best sitting in my comfy chair in my living room with my laptop.

How would you answer these questions?

3 comments :

  1. I'm like you. The words flow from my mind to my fingertips. It's better this way - raw and real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I don't plan my posts in advance, they just evolved from my days. I am OFTEN at a loss for a good title...that is harder than writing the whole post to me. As for where...usually at our dining room table with my laptop. Have a great Monday Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say I have a very similar style to yours. My blog posts are conversational and similar to diary entries too.

    Words do flow from my mind to my fingertips but that is only because I write the title first. Thus giving me a good direction of where my post will be heading.

    I do plan posts. For example, a random idea or notion will come to mind and that will be the title of the next or future blog post. The only constant periodic blog post that are planned are my weekly updates.

    I write best either tucked into my warm blankets in bed (where I am currently writing to you from) or tucked under a blanket in front of the TV while watching a show.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...