SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Out of It

I cannot seem to get it together lately. Ever since TOM, I have been craving the wrong foods. When I think of something healthy, something that I would usually crave, my mind goes “blech, I want pizza.” I don’t know what is up with me but it needs to change!!

I have been fairly good about ignoring these cravings up until the past couple of days. Today was probably the worst when I was feeling a little out of it and ate a No Pudge! brownie, 3 Girl Scout cookies, and some baked crackers. And then I was left feeling like a failure. And what did I want for supper? I wanted pizza. But somehow, I got myself together and made healthy pizzas on high fiber tortillas instead. Although I did eat some tortilla chips and Trader Joe’s spinach dip. I’m obviously craving processed foods. I’m thinking I need to stop buying any of them for a while.

And then my body was telling me I was physically exhausted today. I’m hoping I’m not getting a cold or something, but my allergies/asthma have really been acting up the past couple of days. So maybe that’s it. But I was planning on running today and didn’t get it done. Hubby and I will go for a walk tonight though.

I just cannot seem to get myself motivated to get out of this slump. I think I’m just getting a little too content with where I’m at. I need to keep my eyes on the goal and not get discouraged so easily!

Oh, if only weight loss could be easy…

6 comments :

  1. It must be something going around.. A case of the "blahs". Let's just keep trying to claw out of it as soon as we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems to be a common theme on blogs in the last couple days.

    Sometimes getting started down the sugar road leads to a lot of other poor choices. Funny how that works, and unfortunate because those foods are really everywhere and hard to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get out of your funk. I've been having issues the last week or so too but I tackled it with more accountability in the form of food logging again.

    It's probably due to TOM for you. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been going through the EXACT same thing. But today, whoa, I had a horrible, terrible food day from breakfast until tonight! I don't know what the deal is!!! I just finished TOM on Wednesday, so it's too late for those cravings to still be hitting! I have fought up until suppertime for the last few days, but today I just didn't care from the start. I can't be like that!!! I also have this bum ankle and can't do any form of standing exercise. Grrrr. I hope to get my mind on straight before I do too much damage. Hope you do, too! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with Lori. When I make a bad choice to eat something with no nutrition at all (especially carbs), it just sends my brain the message that I need MORE. Best not to go down that road. Hope you have a better day tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So easy to loose focus and have a little something here and there. We all get a bit complacient after a while. Its hard!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...