SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Power of Positive Fitness by John M. Rowley—Book Review

powerfitness4(source)

The Power of Positive Fitness, by John M. Rowley, is a book about balancing life. Rowley presents the idea that health and happiness are a result of a balance of physical, mental, and spiritual health, and I couldn’t agree more.

All of these factors are important in our lives. How we implement them into, or fail to implement them into, our lives—creates our lifestyle. In the introduction of the book, Rowley writes, “At any moment you can decide to change and alter the course of your life forever by simply altering your lifestyle” (17). The choice is up to you.

Part I of the book starts off with an explanation as to how to supercharge your body. Rowley writes about eating and working out. To be honest, I wasn’t impressed with this section of the book, compared to many similar books I have read in the past. It didn’t seem researched and developed as many other books are, but if you’re just looking for the basics, you could glean what you need.

Part II of the book discusses developing a successful mindset. There was a lot in this book that made me reflect and to think about myself and how I confront life. One quote from the book that has changed the way I look at everyday is, “Happiness is a conscious decision. Most people who are happy have just made up their mind that they are going to be happy!…Being optimistic and happy is a daily choice” (71). We may not be able to change what’s going on around us, but we can change our attitude.

Part III of the book is about learning how to flex spiritual muscles. I agreed with a lot of what Rowley wrote in this chapter, but for myself, I do not place my happiness on physical things and nor do I pray for physical things, jobs, material gain. Spiritual life is far beyond anything that can be obtained on this earth. Earthly things will not make you spiritually happy. But Rowley did have a lot of great thoughts about faith and not limiting faith.

What I liked best about this book was Rowley’s assertion that to be truly happy, you have to have a balance between physical, mental and spiritual health. If one area of your life is lacking, the others will be too. Towards the end of the book, Rowley has a section of interviews with successful people, asking them all the same questions about their lives and daily routines. There are many similarities with all of these people. That’s because success is a result of a lifestyle, not just hit or miss attempts. To be successful, you must be consistent.

Overall, I would recommend this book! You can find it on Amazon here.

And thanks to Leafwood Publishers for sending me this book to read and review in my honest opinion.

1 comment :

  1. I just saw this review and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review and to write about it.
    Keep up the good work!!

    John Rowley

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...