SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Weigh in Day and Update

Today I weighed in at 206.9, which is a .7 loss for the week. I’m happy I had a loss, no matter how small. I know I did not stick to my calorie counting like I should have, so I look forward to having a better week next week. I did not “all out eat whatever I wanted”, but I ate more calories than I should have and also didn’t track a couple of days when I got very busy. So is life sometimes.

You may have noticed that I have not been posting food pictures for a few days. This is for a couple of reasons.

1. I’m participating in the HAWMC, where I have committed to posting about health for 30 days in a row. They give me a prompt each day and I write about that prompt. I’m really enjoying it and it gives me a chance to develop my writing skills. I love to write, and this has been the perfect challenge for me! I hope that you are enjoying the posts. I definitely put a lot more time and effort into them and I hope it shows.

2. The second reason is that I want to try to back away from food a little bit. I want to stop focusing on it so much and try to make it just another ordinary part of my life. I want to focus on making healthy choices for me versus because I know I will have to post a picture of what I eat on my blog. I’m trying to develop my healthier habits even more by doing this. This doesn’t mean I won’t ever post my eating pictures again. I might continue to do it every day, and I might only do it some days. I’m still trying to figure out what works best for me!

I’d love to hear your thoughts about what you like to see on A Journey to Thin.

So what have I been up to these past few days? The last update was my 4 mile run, which I’m still super proud of!

  • I’ve been working—pretty boring but it pays the bills.
  • I biked for 10 minutes on Sunday when I didn’t feel like doing anything. Because something is better than nothing.
  • I did a 20 minute strength training workout on Monday.
  • I ran 2.52 miles in 30 minutes on Tuesday, which is a fast pace for me!
  • I had a job interview on Tuesday and the details will be finalized next week—sounds like I got the job! It’s part time, so I will have to continue working part time where I’m at for now. But it’s a writing job and I couldn’t be happier to be taking another step towards my dreams! I hope it all works out.
  • I met a friend, whom I hadn’t seen for 2 years, for cupcakes on Tuesday. It was so fun to see her!
  • I mowed the lawn just to burn some extra calories. 49 minutes, 366 calories! I’ll take that!

And that’s pretty much it. I’m happy with my exercise right now and I’m trying to put a lot of focus on that because I am seeing the results. My body is getting smaller, even if the scale isn’t saying so. I have been getting comment after comment affirming that I am indeed getting smaller. Good news! But still frustrating when I want to see the lower numbers on the scale.

So there’s my update! I hope that you are all doing fabulous and sticking to your health and fitness goals. This week, I want to continue sticking to my fitness goals and do a better job at sticking to my calorie counting.

I will be back later today with my HAWMC post!

6 comments :

  1. Thanks for your comment! I look forward to following your progress!!

    Keep focused!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mowing the lawn burns calories! Of course.

    I'm going to mow our jungle of a garden tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking the HAWMC posts alot. And congrats on getting noticably smaller!!! You are obviously doing things right! Have a great Wed Alissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should do whatever you want with your blog. When you write about what interests you, then those really are the most interesting posts! Whether some days that is food and other days something else doesn't matter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just wondering about your job situation yesterday. How exciting! Hope it all goes as planned! Congrats on the loss.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww I miss your food pics :( but i know you must do what you feel is best for you, good luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...