SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Health Time Capsule

If I were making a time capsule of my health focus today, that wouldn’t be opened until 2112, what would be in it?

1. Something with my mantra on it. Don’t Quit.

Do It; Don’t Quit

I would never have gotten has far as I have come and will never get where I’m going if I quit. Determination is the most important thing when it comes to health and fitness goals.

2. A photo of a strong runner. The picture below shows what I am talking about. The look of determination on the face. The physical form showing commitment to running. Power and strength. And a female. If she had pink laces, this photo would be perfect. Winking smile


3. Jillian Michaels DVDs and podcasts.


I learn so much from Jillian Michaels. I have listened to all of her podcasts. She is inspiring and she is smart. Plus, I want to look like her!

4. A reusable water bottle.


Good for the environment and good for you.

5. A yoga mat.


Because it’s important to be calm, de-stress and relax.

6. A FitBit.

FitBit 013

A way to track your progress is important. It helps keep health and fitness fun.

7. A photo of hubby and me.

Cruise2012 114

Because being healthy is about so much more than looks, what you eat, and how active you are. You have to have someone in your life that believes in you, loves you, and makes you happy.

8. Seeds.


I doubt seeds would last 100 years, but it’s the thought that counts. Why seeds? Because eating plenty of fruits and vegetables is important. Not only that, it’s good to grow your own as much as possible. Get as close to natural as possible. This is something I aspire to do more.

9. Chocolate.


Because one should never deprive oneself. A little something sweet every now and again is good for the soul. Can’t say chocolate would taste good 100 years later, though. Winking smile

10. A Bible.


Last, but certainly not least, because spiritual health is the glue that holds it all together.

It’s hard to know what people would think of a time capsule like this in 100 years. They’d probably find the FitBit, DVDs, and podcasts antiquated. They’d probably laugh and say that I must have thought I was so high tech back then in 2012. They’d probably look at the bible with wonder, having never seen one of these things called a book before, because in 100 years, because they’ll all probably be using e-readers anyways.

I like to think that in 100 years, humanity will have a better grip on what is healthy and what is not. They will realize that the closer to nature that food is, the better it is. They will be back to the basics. I’d like to hope that they will be more in tune with spiritual health. I’m hopeful for the future!

What would you put in your health time capsule?

This post is the first in a series of posts that will run through the month of April as part of the Health Activist Writer’s Month Challenge. I look forward to writing about various health topics and hope that you enjoy reading and discussing them too!

4 comments :

  1. What a fun idea!! And you picked some great choices for your capsule!! Wonderful post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea!!! I'd put an old fashioned "scale" in there, because for me, healthy living is all about balance. (and maybe because I'm a libra I'm drawn to those scales. :) ) Have a great week Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to your blog and loved this post! Great idea!
    ❀ Paige
    Finding Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is a good blog! I also want to lose weight, we lose weight! Fighting!*(welcome to my bjd web ihealbox.com)*

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...