SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 27, 2012

Functional Exercise

42712 003

I think my favorite way to give my body a workout is to workout while working—functional exercise. Doing yard work and pushing myself a little harder. Lifting something a little heavier. Moving a little faster while at it. It might not sound like much, but I enjoy it and I can feel the effects of it!

So today, hubby and I started edging my flower beds. My job was to haul loads of the bricks to him. I challenged myself by loading more and more bricks on each load. Each time I got to him, I was out of breath and feeling strong! The picture above is a little deceiving. There were actually two stacks of those bricks on there!

I hauled sandbags to him. Took 5 gallon buckets loaded full of dirt and hauled them across the yard and dumped them in another location. Lugged bags of mulch. There was a lot of moving up and down, lifting and moving in general. And now that we’re done, my legs are sore and my arms are tired. And I enjoyed it!

It used to be a hassle and a half when my parents used to ask me to rake the lawn, mow the grass, or shovel the driveway. Now I’m all about it!

The flower beds are starting so look much better! I just need to get more flowers planted, add more mulch, and the yard will be looking good!

42712 005

5 comments :

  1. Looks really nice! I love mowing the lawn, no one can mess it up behind me and I can't hear the kids calling for me :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to zone out doing yard work and the hours would fly by. I did all the mowing and, in Florida, that was a year round job. That looks very heavy with all those bricks! What I can see of the yard looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah-your yard is looking nice!!

    I can't agree with you more. My Hubby & I moved 4k pounds of sand uphill to the backyard a few weeks ago. I thought-man if everyday were like this I'd be tiny! Maybe we should start volunteering for heavy labor. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great!!! Good job guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too love functional exercise, once in a while. Like me and hubby is painting our home since last week Friday, again tonight and tomorrow and then this coming weekend as well. With me squatting, standing on toes, crawling etc, I can feel that my body is working hard.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...