SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Trip to the Vet and Misc.

5 AM always comes so early! The last couple of nights I’ve gotten really good sleep—98% and 99% efficiency according to my FitBit.

image

I think it’s weird how I can see when I wake up before the alarm, I have the pink lines, but when the alarm wakes me up, I’m in the middle of my sleep cycle. Interesting!

For breakfast, I ate an egg, a banana muffin, 1/2 banana, and skim milk.

32212 001

I had just a little bit of time before I had to take the cats to the vet. Not enough time to exercise though. So I had to plan it for later in the afternoon. The cats were pretty upset as soon as I set the carrier outside of the door. Daisy just howled and howled the whole way to the vet.

32212 007

They needed to get up to date on their shots and Dudley needed some grooming. We have a problem with his hair matting because he is long haired.

On my drive there, I drank my coffee with FF creamer.

32212 008

Once I got back home, I had to sign in to work for a friend today.

For a snack, I ate pecans and almonds.

32212 009

And a light string cheese:

32212 010

I got one short break in that time, so I ate a quick sandwich with turkey, Swiss, spinach and tomato.

32212 011

I also ate a Reese’s PB egg.

32212 012

After I got done working, I had to wait for the vet to call to say that I could pick up the cats. They told me they’d call around noon, but even by 3:00 they hadn’t called…so I waited and waited. I finally called and it sounded like they just forgot to call me…

But in the mean time, I was really hungry, so I ate some Jolly Time Healthy Pop.

32212 013

And then I was off to pick up the cats. $175 later, they were home. Really nice vet though. He even carried the cats out to the car for me and acted like he felt bad for taking all of my money. lol. I had $120 cash thinking that would cover it based on our initial conversation on the phone, so I counted out my money and he goes… “Oh, I don’t want to take all of your cash…” looking at me with concern. lol He even offered suggestions on how to treat the cats without paying extra money for any products that he might sell. I like that!

Before:

32212 006

After:

32212 019

Now that we have a vet close to home, we are probably just going to pay to have him groomed once a month so he doesn’t have to get this hideous lion cut. But it seems like every couple of years he gets really bad and we have to have this done! It’s embarrassing as the owners…makes us feel like we don’t take proper care of him or something! Ugh, never get a long haired cat.

For supper, I made spaghetti squash topped with sauce and ground beef, along with broccoli and garlic toast.

32212 020

I’m a HUGE fan of pasta, and I think it’s just because of the spaghetti sauce. This was just as satisfying as the real thing!! Yum!

I finished it up with FF/SF vanilla pudding.

32212 021

After supper, hubby and I headed out for a 1.6 mile walk in 30 minutes. I burned 207 calories. It felt great to get out there!

I’m taking a day off of my training schedule so that I can have my longer runs on Saturdays at the end of the week instead.

When we got home, I tried Skype with my parents. How fun! It seems like they’re right there in the room!

If you’re looking for a good blog to read. I highly recommend Crys at Bigger Than My Body. This girl makes me laugh. I love her writing style and her matter of fact way about her. This post had me laughing out loud.

I received this badge today on Lose It and it made me proud. “Congratulations, You have earned the Exercise Hound badge! You have exercised 3 times a week for at least 4 weeks.”

ExerciseHoundLarge

Tomorrow is Friday!!

10 comments :

  1. Enjoy your weekend!

    I love skype. It's the only way I can see my parents face during the year when I can't visit them in Asia!

    Looks like you had a super productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You have to find humor in this or else you'll cry... or eat pasta. Or both! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The after pic of the cat cracked me up so much. I wasn't expecting that at all. LOL Not that it looks hideous. It's just that I wasn't prepared for the shaved look. :) For some reason your sandwich looks soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chat photo! I should take a pic of my pomeranian after we get her groomed for the summer! Its is funny from fluffy dog to rat dog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surprised by the 2nd picture of your kitty! We have a long haired dog and those mats are so hard to control. There is no way you could do it yourself with a cat!

    Vet bills seem really high to me. Every time I take my dog I think, "Really? It costs that much?" Vaccinations are more for the dog than for the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great weekend!! Pets are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love spaghetti squash, however, could never get my hubs to get on board - I do think the sauce makes it though.

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poor kitty! lol I've had long-haired cats too but we never groomed them. I was a kid, so I blame my parents lol

    I've never tried spaghetti squash. I usually just buy barilla plus instead. But your pic makes it look good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww....little Dudley and Daisy. They just don't know you've done what is best for them. Despite the howling and the shaving. AWWWW. I think you and your hubby are GREAT pet owners. Have a great weekend Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to laugh at how long it took you to fall asleep...8 minutes. It probably takes me 5 or less!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...