SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Motivation Today But Still At It

I was dragging this morning for whatever reason. I felt so tired. I’m not sure what that was about because I got a good night’s sleep! Maybe I overdid it on Saturday and this is my body’s response?

For breakfast, I made an egg white omelet with cheese and Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, along with a banana muffin, a banana and milk.

32012 001

The omelet finally turned out right since I took Staci’s advice and turned down the heat. Thanks, Staci!

I was ready for my coffee this morning. I added FF vanilla creamer.

32012 003

I am pretty upset with myself and mostly with Facebook. I switched my blog account over from a personal account to a page and I don’t like it at all! I couldn’t see my friends’ statuses anymore and the whole thing is just a mess. I immediately submitted a request to reverse it and they refuse to do so because it violates FB’s policy to have a “brand” be represented on a personal page. So now I’m STUCK. It took me quite a while to build up my friends on that page. So I’m leaving the FB page as it is, and will work on making it look better, but I also set up another more personal account so I can still interact with all of you. So frustrating! I wish I had never done that.

You can Like my FB page here.

And friend me on FB here. My new name is Alissa Ajourneytothin, for my more personal account.

Please like my page and friend me!

After wasting WAY too much time on that. I set out to do what I was going to do in the first place—catch up on some blogs and relax a bit.

I don’t know what was up with me today but I had no motivation. ZERO. ZILCH. I was tired, cranky and not feeling like doing much of anything and then felt like a lazy bum when I didn’t do much of anything. Ever have days like that? They’re few and far between for me but this was one of them!

For lunch, I ate a salad with lettuce, BBQ chicken, tomato, avocado and a boiled egg. The best salad I’ve had in a long time!

32012 004

Even though I was feeling a bit “emotional” today, I made myself stay away from the chocolate. I didn’t know how wise it would be to eat a food that I often go to when I am stress/emotional eating. And I’m proud of myself for recognizing that.

I knew I couldn’t just sit around all day, so I finally decided to get off of my butt and clean the downstairs. It took me about an hour to get everything looking good. Every little bit of activity helps!

I also finally spot treated a stain that was on this sweat shirt I got before Hubby and I got married 5 years ago. I always loved this sweat shirt but haven’t worn it in 5 years because of the stain! Well it worked! It’s just slightly there but I held it up for hubby to look and he couldn’t see it.

32012 006

Thanks to Oxi Clean! This stuff works wonders, FYI!

32012 007

I like to get pedicures periodically because they make me feel good and I like my feet to be pretty. But I decided since my feet aren’t that bad, since I just had a pedicure in January for the cruise, that I’d try to skip a pedicure for a few months and just do my own toes. So instead, I bought a name brand nail polish for about 1/5 of the price of the pedicure. So I’ll save some money for now. I did my toes and nails and while they’re not as pretty as getting them done professionally, it works! I do miss having my sister in law around to do my toes—she could make them look professional!

32012 008

I like this color—it was nice and light and added just a hint of pink.

32012 009

I was hungry in the afternoon, so I ate an apple with PB.

32012 010

I decided since I had no motivation to be physically active, it would be a good day to get some job application work done. So I got my resume posted on some sites and looked for jobs and applied for a few. I’m starting to feel worthless in the job arena. I want to be doing something that I LOVE to do, which is write. I am also passionate about health and fitness, but I’m still on this journey and don’t know what I could really do in that realm until I GET to where I’m GOING. For now, I can blog. I love doing that, but I don’t make much money! I wish I could quit my job to blog! Wishful thinking…

For supper, I made Shrimp-Peanut Stir Fry over Lentils.

32012 011

Yum! This was really good. I also ate a few pickles.

For dessert, I had Blue Bunny, Bunny Tracks, with just a little caramel sauce.

32012 012

That put me at 15 calories over my daily goal, so just about right.

I had to take a quick walk outside to see the flowers in bloom!

32012 013

32012 015

32012 018

32012 019

Very pretty, huh? And these lovely Tulips are JUST about to bloom!

32012 016

And while I couldn’t quite find the motivation to go for a run, I decided that I could still stick to my training schedule by getting in my very last day of cross training. I’m supposed to cross train in between run days but that hasn’t happened this week, so now I will have 3 runs in a row for the rest of the week. But I’m going to try to make it through it. I will listen to my body though and not push TOO hard.

I biked 7.6 miles in 30 minutes and burned 182 calories. And then I felt great.

I was actually CRAVING yoga all day today. I know that sounds weird. But I just thought how good it would feel. I haven’t done yoga in a long time. And I felt so good after my biking workout, I decided to do some yoga too.

I did the Shanti Generation: Yoga Skills for Youth Peacemakers on Netflix. It’s designed for kids and teens but I found it very relaxing and liked it a lot, actually. It took about 30 minutes and I burned 98 calories. Obviously, this is not cardio, but the results of feeling relaxed and peaceful are well worth it.

So I guess today turned out alright after all!

7 comments :

  1. Great job powering through even though you weren't feeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those no motivation days too. I think you did very well and stayed on target with your food. I ate too much today. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm so glad the omelet advice worked. It did turn out really looking like an omelet! :) You probably really just are Blah from being so active over the weekend. You still got in some activity, though. I just hate blah days. You were super smart to completely not touch something that could turn into eating a whole day's calories in one setting! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That nail polish color has an awesome name. I hope today will be a Wonderful Wednesday for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think we all have blah days. I just woke up a little while ago and I feel that way right now. I hope it goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got a lot done for feeling blah. I will go like your FB page and friend you! I too have a FB page and I think it's a good thing in the long run. That way your personal page really can be personal and your blog page really can be about your blog and food, exercise, etc. My FB page is Fit to the Finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today was my day for NO MOTIVATION! That time of the month! :) So what did I do? Overate!!!!!

    But, "the sun will come up tomorrow"..... :)

    Shannon
    http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...