SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Like Balancing a Checkbook

I am trying my hardest to stay within my calorie budget.

This morning, I started my 10K training plan again. Day 1. I am going to do this on my own schedule though. I ran/walked 1.5 miles. It was hard to get back to running after not having done it for a while…

I sort of ate a piece of French silk pie today and to make up for those calories eaten, I ended up biking for 1.5 hours! But now I’m back on track calorie wise. Was it worth the pie? Ehhh.. I’d probably eat half of it next time. But it helps so much to be more aware of what I’m eating and the impact that it actually has.

I ended up burning 868 calories today. I’m happy with that and proud of myself for it.

I sort of feel like I’m balancing a check book. And it really is that simple. Calories in and calories out. I am hoping this works for me long term!

8 comments :

  1. Calories in vs. calories out is exactly what I did when I got to my goal weight in 2008. Worrying about too many other things was just too overwhelming at first. The more success I saw the more healthy habits I would adopt, but I had to just keep it very simple at first. I also kept in mind that nutrition experts say that we overestimate our calories burned and underestimate our calories consumed by at least 10%. Alissa, I love that you always keep at it - you are getting there, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you. I very much prefer tracking calories over tracking points. I'm not sure why, but it just makes more sense in my brain.
    I use the Livestrong website/app. I look at it as a "budget". If you spend it, you better have the "funds" in there to cover it - or else hop on that bike and make a deposit :)
    Keep going, girl!! You rock!
    Jessica
    Http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. BINGO - Calories in vs. Calories Out! Any doctor will tell you that -- there is no rocket science to weight loss. So many companies are building big businesses on trying to "sell" as something more. As a society, I think we have we grab on to anything that gives us hope - but the reality is - it has to come from within us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd echo what Kim said about calories burned too - unless you've had one of those high dollar test to determine exactly what your metabolic rate is - then allowing for less on calories burned is the way to go. My boot camp estimates it burns around 600 calories, but I only log in 300.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, yep! Cals in vs. Cals out. It's what I do, too. I, too, will occasionally "sort of" eat a cupcake, but I make damn sure to do my penance for it and burn off those 300-400 calories. LOL! It is like balancing a check book. Nice analogy and great work pushing your body to get ready for that 10K.

    You amaze me! I'm jealous of your passion to be fit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never thought of it that way, but you are absolutely right! It is like balancing a checkbook - which I suck at! lol....

    Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's exactly what I'm doing, and it has earned me 21 pounds lost so far since January 1st! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.everystepcounts365.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Alissa, sounds like this new plan is working REALLY well for you!!!! YAY!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...