SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Turned it Around

I left you off on a bad note last night. I wasn’t feeling like myself and I was depressed and felt hopeless.

So, right after I wrote the post. I got off my butt and went outside and shoveled. Yes, we have a snow blower, but I wanted the exercise and I was proud with how much more endurance I had. It got the endorphins going because when I was done I took a walk around the block. It was pretty. I trekked my way through 4 inches of un-shoveled sidewalks and it was peaceful and just what I needed.

I came inside and thought to myself, “I’ve had enough of a pity party, it’s time to do the right thing.” It really hit me how my stress induced eating didn’t do a thing for me. Food is not the answer. So I got in my “power pink” workout gear and did my c25k for the first time in two weeks. It felt wonderful. I was covered in sweat and that last 3 minute run has never been harder. But you know what? I conquered.

I think I had a record calorie burn for myself. Around 558 calories burned. How’s that for a Monday? :)

5 comments :

  1. Way to go! I knew you could do it :-) I hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your turn-around and that you did it completely on your own!! Great job...I'm off to shovel some snow as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that is quite awesome, lady! Way to turn yourself around!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...