SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 1, 2010

Feast Your Eyes

Upon THIS:

Eats1212 001

Mmmmm…one of my favorites. I ate this for breakfast this morning.

It was back to work for me today. We were really busy and I felt confused and a little behind for a while, but picked up my pace after a few hours.

We met one of our goals at work as a team, so our client catered in Panera for breakfast. I didn’t deny myself, as I very rarely do that because I’ve found that depriving myself results in worse damage later on that just letting myself enjoy some food. I ate 1 cinnamon crunch bagel w/ honey nut cream cheese. This is one of my favorites. I enjoyed every bite of it.

I had a realization that just because I ate this bagel does not mean that I have failed miserably. What it does mean is that I have just eaten something substantial and there is no reason to eat my lunch if I am not hungry come lunch time. And that’s just what I did. Seems so simple yet it’s a concept I have not understood in the past. So, I ate a banana, pineapple, and fat free/sugar free pudding at lunch time and didn’t eat my sandwich. I was satisfied. Imagine that. I counted my points, as excessive as they were, and felt ok with what I ate. No guilt. That’s an accomplishment.

I am worried about weigh in at work tomorrow. With my body “not moving” I’m afraid the scale is going to move up. My mom recommended that I buy a bottle of that laxative stuff and see if that helps things along. 1 1/2 hours later…nothings happening. lol  *sigh* It’s embarrassing enough weighing in front of someone and to gain on the first week would be humiliating. I’ll hope for the best and stay away from salt tonight!

Oh and by the way I have embarked on a journey to do the 30 day shred everyday during the month of February- That’s right! Everyday, including Saturdays and Sundays.  Kelly said she’s with me on this. Anyone else that wants to do this so we can hold each other accountable? Let me know!

My first day went superb. I may not have given it 100% because this was my first workout in a week and I was feeling a little weak this morning. My heart rate monitor wasn’t working right either-argh! But, Day one is done!

6 comments :

  1. Yeah, I'm with you!! I'll probably miss a couple of days when we go to San Antonio. Hey! Maybe I can write down the workout and just do it on my own while I'm away! LOL

    Psst...I LOVE a bagel with honey nut cream cheese too. I haven't had one in sooooo long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos to on tracking what you ate even though it was high! It's key to staying on track!

    Oh and the laxative...been there done that. In the long run (i know it's hard to hear right now) it's not worth it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to have problems getting things moving when I've increased my fibre, but not my water consumption. I drink more water than recommended anyway, but still have to increase it to accomodate the fibre.


    I eat oatmeal with blueberries 5 days a week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the 30 day shred. Sounds hard. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've hit on a major breakthrough - paring back on the next meal after a large one! I bet you felt great after that!
    I'm also experiencing "plumbing problems" - trying to get in a lot more water to move things along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK. I did day 2 of the Shred today on Level 2. I seriously think I won't be able to walk tomorrow. If I am able to get out of bed in the morning I will do level 1. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...