SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 8, 2010

Another Monday

I dragged myself out of bed to half-heartedly do the 30 Day Shred this morning. Ultimately, I did it and that’s all that matters today. I did burn less calories though.

Work was the same old for me again. There are things that go on there that I just don’t understand and it irks me. It seems like hard work is not rewarded. They promote the slackers and the ones who are not reliable. I just don’t get it. All I know is that I do not want to work for this company any longer than I have to. My co-worker, who feels the same way, keeps reminding me that this job is just a means to an end while I’m in school. She’s right, but it’s so hard to deal with this on a daily basis.

Then it was off to school. I’m lost in my poetry class. I just don’t get what people get out of the poetry that we read. That makes me feel like I’m not as smart as other people and then I start downgrading myself, which isn’t good.

The drive home was long and slow. We’ve been hit with another snowstorm and it’s been snowing steadily since this morning. We’re supposed to get a total of 13 inches or so. But I’m just getting used to the winter driving. It’s just a part of life for me right now.

But the thing is, I came home and didn’t feel like doing my c25k workout. Which is fine. I just have to do it 3 days a week, doesn’t really matter which days. But instead, I ate junk. Chocolate chips, pecans, chips and salsa, and a little melt w/ corn tortillas, cheese and deli meat. The important thing is that I know why I did it. I’m all stressed out about work and school and not knowing what I’m doing with my life. I counted every bite but now I feel terrible and I have to weigh in at work tomorrow.

Do I sound like I’m having a pity party? Maybe I am. I tried to think of things that I’m thankful for today as often as possible. I thought how thankful I was that I was able to follow a snow plow home on the snow covered highway and immediately the snow plow pulled over to the side of the road. lol I tell ya! :)

4 comments :

  1. The slackers get promoted because they are usually buddies with those in charge. Just do the very best you can. It will get noticed.

    I wasn't in a Shred mood either but made it through it. I have a problem with getting bored with DVD workouts. Maybe we should try level 2?! Good job working through it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where i work it's the same way, those that are "in" can do anything. Anyone else doesn't matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also dont get poetry to be honest..you not alone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...