SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Official Weigh in Day

This morning I weighed in and had lost 1.6 lbs! I’m very happy with that. This puts me back down to my lowest “official” weigh in. I weighed in at 240.8. I CANNOT wait to see those 230’s and never see these 240’s again! For me, the 230’s are new. I don’t ever remember weighing in the 230’s, but I do remember dieting in the past right before I met my husband and I weighed 242. I also remember dieting in high school and getting to 212, but that’s the absolute lowest I remember seeing on the scale. Total weight lost = 47.2 lbs. It is possible for me to reach my 50 lb. goal next week but I’m not going to set myself up for disappointment. I’ll get there when I get there. :)

In the meantime, I completed day 17 of the 30 Day Shred this morning and I came home from school and completed day 1 of the week of the c25k. I am starting to wonder if I’ll be able to run a 5k this summer or not. Running is still very hard for me. I mean come on, I weigh 240 lbs! But I have improved from day 1. I really wanted to run a 5k this summer, I’ll just keep pushing along, I guess. I’m toying with the idea of trying week 4 when I complete my 30 days of the Shred, but I’m nervous to try because I don’t think I’m capable of running for 5 minutes straight.

It’s another beautiful sunny day here today! It lifts my spirits to see the sunshine. I had a normal day of work and school. The paper that I slaved over yesterday for 3 1/2 hours has now been postponed until Monday. It’s a slight relief because I still have 3 more pages to write, but it’s also a little frustrating because I took off work to make sure that I got it written. Oh well, what can ya do!

We’re half way through the week guys!!

10 comments :

  1. That is awesome! You are doing so amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh congratulations!! I'm so happy for you - 230's are right there and then onward and downward!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I'm so happy for you. I know you'll succeed.

    You'd be surprised what you can do with the C25K program. There's a lady on Sparkpeople who just completed the entire program (running 30 minutes straight!) and she's at 242 pounds. So take heart....you can do it! Not saying it'll be easy but you can do anything you put your mind to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hooray for the loss, very exciting!!

    you WILL get stronger running...i know 5 minutes seems like a hard time. but you're stronger than what your brain lets on to. don't let your thoughts control you so much and push through it and you will be proud of what you do!!! promise!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the loss! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunshine lifts my spirit as well....I feel so alive when the sun is out...cant wait for Cape Town and the sunshine...I'm catching the end of their summer, so hoping for good days!!

    Well done on the weight lost this week...I'm also down 1.8lbs from Monday's official weight in...am back on the old WW program.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job on day 17
    and your almost at 50 pounds gone forever congrats

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girl! Thanks to YOU, I just started the C25K. I completed Day 1 of Week 1 yesterday. What week are you on? I have been able to run about 5 minutes straight before dying on the treadmill, but it has only been at about 4.0. I still have a long way to go and thought that C25K would be a great way to try.

    I can't imagine the image of a +260 pound girl like myself joggin on that treadmill. I try not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...