SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

WI at Work Day

16 days of the 30 Day Shred are officially completed! I am over halfway there. What a great feeling! I’m starting to get a little bored with level 2. Four more days of that and then I will attempt level 3 for the last 10 days. I love how this workout makes me feel. It works every part of my body and I feel so relaxed when I am done.

Today was WI at work. I lost .6 according to the inaccurate work scale. I’ll take it though, it’s better than a gain! The winner so far has lost over 7% of their body weight. For me to do that I would have had to have lost 17 lbs. in the past 3 weeks. I’d like to know how this person is losing weight so quickly. But I’m not letting it bother me because I know what I’m doing.

I am getting a little discouraged about not seeing the scale moving down. It’s like I lose .2 everyday. I used to lose over a lb. once in a while. Tomorrow is my official weigh in, so we’ll see how that goes. I try not to worry about it too much because I can see big changes in my body. Maybe I am gaining muscle with all of this working out. But I still want to lose weight and I SHOULD be losing weight. After all, I have a lot of weight to lose!

I’ve been pretty snacky lately for some reason. Maybe I need to try some new foods to keep myself satisfied. Yesterday, I cut up about 1/4 of a red pepper and dipped the strips in hummus. Understand that I hate peppers. I have never been able to eat them. So I was attempting something new. I didn’t mind it, but they definitely needed the hummus! lol. But something about that snack left me feeling satisfied. I didn’t want to eat anything else for the rest of the afternoon.

I got off work early today to come home and write a 9 page paper that my professor threw on us, DUE FRIDAY! UGH! So I’m letting myself take it easy for a little while. I am cooking a chicken breast for lunch, YUM! After lunch, I’ll get right to the paper. It is absolutely gorgeous outside today. There’s a blue sky and the sun is out. Too bad it’s still only 20 degrees!

7 comments :

  1. HOoray for a new try!! I'm not much of a pepper person either, but I'm trying!!

    Bummer on the huge paper, hope it goes well!!

    Don't let the scale get you down. As long as you are working out and eating the right foods it will go down in time...even though I know it's now always the time that we want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I weigh in daily as well...and my scale is also all over the place....good days I weight more the next day and so it goes...I understand your frustrating but dont focus too much on that thing called a Scale. It ruled my life before I became ill..I told myself never again...I did stupid things to see a low number on my scale...I regret it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been able to avoid the daily weighing and it is refreshing not to agonize over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try not to get discouraged by the other person's weight loss. After all, they may be doing strictly cardio and losing a lot of muscle tissue. You are building yours and in the long run, it will help you keep the weight off. That is so much more important than winning a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow you are doing amazing
    16 days done
    im so proud of u

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, if you're noticing differences in your muscle tone, endurance and the way your clothes fit, I wouldn't worry to much about that scale. You've really been pushing hard with the Shred. Your body is going through changes. The scale will catch up. :)

    I'll have to try the bell pepper/hummus combo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow 16 days up! That is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...