SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What you need to know about the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k

THB5K
 
Can you believe that the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k is tomorrow already? Time sure flies!

If you have not yet signed up for the THB5K, there is still time! You can sign up all the way through midnight (your time) on Thanksgiving Day. Sign up here.

Here is a quick run down of what you need to know about the THB5K:
  1. Complete a 5k, wherever you are, whenever you want, on Thanksgiving Day. You can run it, bike it, walk it, dance it, skip it… do as you wish. Just get out there and get active for 3.1 miles!
  2. Get the family and your friends involved! You get an additional entry for each person you bribe into getting active with you bring along to get active with you!
  3. Take a picture. We all love seeing the photos of you, but if you are shy, feel free to take a picture of your treadmill, your shoes, whatever you want. You will only get an extra entry for each participant if they are pictured in some way.
  4. Email. AJourney2Thin@gmail.com. Send me an email with:
    1. Your photo.
    2. You name and blog (if applicable).
    3. Your time- just for fun!
    4. How many participated with you.
    5. What you did.
    6. Your thoughts! You could also tell me how many years you have participated in the TH5BK and if you plan to do it again next year.
  5. Have Fun! This is not meant to be a competitive race, but it is designed to get you active on Thanksgiving Day. Recruit your family and friends and enjoy a nice walk outside, if that’s your thing. Maybe you just need some “me time” away from the in-laws—make this event a way to improve your health on Thanksgiving Day!
If you have any questions in the mean time, feel free to post them in the comments here and I will do my best to respond! But it’s pretty simple: complete the 5k, email me your photo and info, and relax!

All entries must be in to me by midnight Sunday, your time. That will give you a few extra days, with the busy weekend, to make sure you get your entry in to me.

Thanks to all of you who have helped spread the word to make this another successful year!

Winners will be announced the following week! Good luck!

8 comments :

  1. Just saw this so not entering officially, but I'll be doing the San Jose Turkey Trot 10K and can't wait. LOVE the Turkey Trot. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo! Sent my email already. Yay for getting things done early.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bringing (making;) ) FOUR of my sisters along! Some of them might be signing up now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know if I get four different entries or not?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ran my 5K this a.m.! Pics are up on my blog and I'll happily give you mu bib number if you need additional proof. Haha! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    http://chubzilla.blogspot.com/2012/11/gobble-wobble.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alissa!

    Just emailed my "proof" Haha! :-) Pics sent of my run this morning, 5 miles and was an awesome family event.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so bummed about this!! I was so excited to run the 5k today, but Tuesday my little 2 year old girl broke her femur and ended up in the ER being sedated to get a huge cast. Anyway, I've been up during nights and caring for her 24/7 so I couldn't run this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear about your daughter, Erin. If you complete a 5K today (Friday), I will go ahead and accept it due to the circumstances! If there is anyone else out there that ran into circumstances beyond their control, let me know!

    Deborah, you get an extra entry for every person pictured in the photo you send me to enter! :)

    Good job to those of you who have already sent your entries!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...