SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 5, 2012

#BestBodyBootcamp Week 2 in Review

bootcamp_large

Week 2 and Phase 1 are complete! You can read about the Best Body Bootcamp, if you are interested!

Week 2 was the last week in Phase 1. The workouts were the same, except that the strength workouts incorporated more reps.

If you remember last week, I spent much of my week being so sore that I could hardly walk! This week went much better. The only pain that I had was in my left hip/butt, which seems to be a common sore spot for me. I did a lot of foam rolling and that seemed to ease the pain.

I kept my 2 personal goals the same for week 2.

My 2 personal goals:

  1. Drink 64 oz. of water.
  2. Eat 3 servings of vegetables.

Overall personal goal analysis: I met my water goal all 7 days, but I only met my veggie goal 5 days. Unless I eat a big salad, I find it difficult to meet that veggie goal. I am just not a veggie person, and that's something I need to continue to work on.

Here’s how my workouts went:

Monday: I used my cardio or choice day and biked for 30 minutes. I didn’t feel like working out that day, so this was one way that I fit a workout in.

Tuesday: I completed the Intervals A workout and completed 2.21 miles in 33 minutes. I completed Workout A also. My muscles were aching, so I used the foam roller to loosen them up.

Wednesday: I used my 40 minute steady cardio day to complete a 5k! I got my new Garmin Forerunner 110 and so I wanted to try it out. I ran 3 miles straight and walked the last .1 to complete the 5k. Total workout time was 40:24. I also completed my planks workout. I could really feel it in my biceps while I was doing the planks. Not to mention, I felt it in my abs this week. Not unbearable, but I know they are being worked!

Thursday: I took my rest day. It seems like after a couple of days of more intense exercise (for me) that I need a rest day for my sore muscles and joints. I announced the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k that day! Have you signed up yet?

Friday: I completed the Intervals B workout and planks. I completed 2.4 miles in 36 minutes. Today was the first day that I felt like my fitness level was improving. Such a good feeling!

Saturday: Hubby and I went for a 45 minute walk (completing 2.2 miles) and I also did my planks, which completed the 40 minute steady cardio and planks workout.

Sunday: I had plans to do Workout C and Intervals A or B, but as always, my Sunday was super busy and I never fit the workout in.

It seems like working out 5 days per week is good for me. Otherwise, I would have to take my one rest day on Sunday, and my body is telling me I need a rest well before that. 5 days is the requirement to meet the goals—so I did that!

Overall workout analysis: I completed every workout except for the Workout C/Intervals A or B workout. That was actually the workout I missed last week too. When this is all over, I will have to come back to that and give it a try. I’m a little disappointed I didn’t fit that in either week!

How I feel: Strong

I feel strong for a few reasons.

First, I felt like my fitness level is getting back to where it was earlier this spring when I kind of took a “hiatus” from running.

Second, my muscles are starting to tone up! I noticed this in everyday tasks.

For example, I was scraping dried food off of a pan and felt my forearms were harder than usual! I could feel the muscle! That means my muscles are toning up.

I also can feel stronger biceps. This is awesome for me because I have some serious bat wings going on. I have never really worked my arms, this is just what I need.

I am loving the overall full body workout. I love the workouts that Tina has designed. They push me beyond what I would do on my own. The only thing I struggle with is finding an entire hour to fit the workouts in, I’m doing it, but I could see with a traditional 40 hour+ schedule (I work 40 hours but can often set my own schedule) that it could be difficult.

I like that these workouts are structured. For once, I know that I am following a workout plan designed by an expert. Not to mention, if I have any questions, I can just ask Tina. I am definitely considering her personal training option after this bootcamp is over.

For next week: Same goal as before, I want to try to get in all 6 workouts, but I will be happy with the 5 required. I have officially made it to Phase 2! I know these workouts will be a challenge, but I am up for it! I LOVE that I am seeing RESULTS!! Bring it!

If you’re following the Best Body Bootcamp, how was your week?

If you’re not following the plan, how many days do you plan to workout each week?

6 comments :

  1. WOW, thats awesome girl!!! Keep up the good work!!! I love the sore feeling after working out, makes me feel accomplished! LOL I have a hard time getting in water myself, I have totally failed on that challenge of mine!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going so well. YAY Alissa!!! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the best part of this post is how you're feeling. STRONG. Love love love that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're doing great! I don't hit an hour every day just make sure you make your workout count and the time really doesn't matter. Or you can split it up throughout the day. Make it work for you! The goal is to stay active on a consistent basis.

    My goal is to workout at least 5 days a week but lately I have been pushing for 6 with Sunday's off for rest day. I'm loving how I feel and hope to see some inch loss this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the structure of the BBB strength routines. I'm a run/yoga girl, so I just plain wouldn't do this stuff without some guidance and motivation. Love the program and the accountability :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...