SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 2, 2012

Weigh in results

Yesterday was my weigh in day, but I thought I would wait until today to share the results and announce the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k instead!

I lost .5 for the week, which puts me down .4 since starting the Weight Watchers Points Plus plan again 2 weeks ago. Bummer.

I’m going to keep the plan as is again this week, despite the very small loss, because it was TOM and we all know that wreaks havoc on weight loss.

I’ll be totally honest with you all here, while I was technically within my points, I may have indulged in chocolate more than I normally would…due to the drug addict like cravings that TOM provides. But still, there’s than 80%/20% rule and AT LEAST 80% of the time I am eating the right foods.

But those feelings are subsiding and I’m feeling much more “me”. I even lost more weight this morning! Open-mouthed smile

So I’ll give this another week and if I lose less than 1 lb. this week, I will reduce my daily points allowance. I promise.

One of the reasons that I was fed up with the WW Points Plus system before was that I didn’t feel I should have to pay for a system and then have to determine how many points to eat so I can lose weight. I feel that WW should provide a system that works, or at least provide the support to help me determine how many points I should be eating, and they don’t. I have been within my points the past 2 weeks and have barely lost anything.

BUT I want to get this weight off, so this time around, I am going to work with my points values to figure it out.

I am proud of my exercise this past week though. I was consistent in that and earned 40 activity points. The Best Body Bootcamp is helping motivate me to exercise and while my weight isn’t really decreasing much, I can certainly feel my body getting stronger, which is encouraging.

For breakfast this morning, I ate an egg sandwich which is an egg, ham and cheese on a sandwich thin. I also ate a banana and skim milk.

112 001

While working, I sipped on my coffee with creamer.

112 002

Late morning, I ate a 100 calorie package of low sodium JOLLY TIME Healthy Pop.

112 003

I had a good day at work today because I got to spend more time writing than talking to customers. Open-mouthed smileYippee!!

For lunch, I made egg salad (1 egg, 1 egg white, and light Miracle Whip) and stuffed it inside of a wheat salad pocket. I also found leftover squash in the fridge (made my day!) and forced myself to eat some baby carrots.

112 004

I also ate a No Pudge! brownie. I probably shouldn’t get in the habit of eating these everyday for lunch…but they’re sooooo good. Unfortunately, that doesn’t mean I can eat them every day. Winking smile

112 005

And then I took some time to sit down with my afternoon cup of Joe to help me find the energy to work out later.

112 006

I was absolutely irate yesterday when I looked out the window to find our tree cut down. It was a perfectly good tree. I called and spoke with the head of the tree board and he told me that the branches were hitting the power lines and there were complaints from mail carriers that some branches scratched their vehicles. That’s fine and dandy, the city definitely could have TRIMMED the tree, not cut it down. He also said that it was a Mulberry, and they’re one of the “nuisance” trees in town. Say what? We take care of our yard and I have never noticed it being a messy tree? Just last week I was sitting in my chair admiring how beautiful the leaves were. Sigh.

I am a bit of a tree hugger when it comes to things like this. I love nature. I love trees. I love God’s creation. I believe we should take care of it, recycle, and keep it clean. I’m sure most of us want to keep our homes clean and looking good. Well, I view the earth the same way. We live here, let’s keep it beautiful!

I told him that I thought it was irresponsible to cut down the tree. I told him I understood that TECHNICALLY this was on city property, but it’s a little alarming to look out your window one day and see that someone cut down your tree. He was very kind and said that in the future they will alert all homeowners when they cut down a tree on the city property in their yard. I don’t think that’s asking too much. He seemed to understand.

I don’t like dealing with RUDE people myself and didn’t want to come across that way, so I kept my tone polite, but I think I got my point across. Either way, the tree is cut down and there is nothing we can do about it now. Argh! We will see if they will allow us to plant a new tree next spring.

Ok, rant over! I know you are all so interested in my trees. lol, but this is my blog and I can talk about what I want, right? Winking smile

I found my motivation for my workout in my afternoon cup of coffee. I headed outside for my “intervals B” workout for the Best Body Bootcamp.

112 010

Today was the first day, since getting back into running, that I felt like I had gotten my fitness level back again. It was a great feeling.

I pressed the wrong button on my Garmin so it didn’t save my workout correctly. But I did about 2.4 miles in 36 minutes, I think. I will learn how to work the thing better soon! Winking smileRemember, this was an intervals workout and I let it run during my warm up walk and cool down walk.

My max speed was 6.3, my max heart rate was 169 bpm, and I burned 378 calories.

This is my new favorite running song. When this came on my playlist after my workout was over, I actually started running again for the duration of the song. It has a good beat.

Some Nights

After resting a bit, I finished the second part of my workout, “Workout B”. Whew! That’s a killer strength workout. It took me about 1/2 hour and I burned 218 calories. That’s actually really good! I am huffing and puffing the entire time I’m doing it, so that would explain it!

It’s really interesting to me as I do multiple sets of these strength moves that some parts of my body are weaker than others. For example, my left butt/hips are weaker than my right. My core also needs some work.

I’m so excited because Hubby is on his way home!! He has been gone all week for work!

We are going to have a little date night tonight. I’m so looking forward to it!

I really need to eat some veggies for supper! I haven’t had many fruits/veggies today yet! But I’m good in all other categories, so that’ll be easy to take care of!

Have a good weekend!

12 comments :

  1. Hi! I am a new reader of your blog, and I am enjoying it very much! I am also trying to lose weight and your blog is very inspiring! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the weight loss journey! Love all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss is a loss, and you're doing great!

    Yeah... TOM had to hit me during the week of Halloween too. Right when there's chocolate everywhere you look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song too! I have it set to play twice on my runs. Also love "Ho Hey" by the Lumineers. Fun song. Oh, and "Carry On" by Fun ( it's not a fast song, but great for that first mile or three).

    Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing great Alissa! Keep eating good and doing those work-outs and the weight will come off. I did want to say, regarding the points system of WW I feel like I am successful (I'm a lifetimer) because I DID do the work to figure out how many points that my body needs and what type of foods that I can eat and lose weight or what type of foods make me gain. We are all different. I am a long distance runner and I know that if I'm running alot and eating lots of lean protein (I crave it) I can lose around 6lbs a week. If I'm running alot and eating lean protein and alot of fruit, I will lose 1-2 lbs. If I'm running alot eating lean protein and fruits and throw in some healthy carbs I will maintain. Too many carbs and I will gain. I learned this from tracking and paying attention to me. Also, I never eat my activity points and I always have some of my 49 left. This is only what works for me, I know you will figure this out for you and be successful too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't lose your motivation. You are tougher than the fickle scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad about the tree! I totally understand why you'd be upset.
    I deal the public at work and I have to say I really don't like rude people. Or people who think by yelling they'll get their way. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, DOWN 0.5 is WAY better than UP 0.1! Congrats!!!! Losing weight is SLOW! It takes time, dedictation, internal motivation and TONS of patience!

    Second, great food choices! You are making the right choices for long term success.

    Lastly, you are burning calories with some good workouts. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi! just ran across your blog and am a new follower now! your meals look good, i like seeing pictures of what other bloggers are eating,gives me some ideas for healthy meals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been following your blog for more than a year, and just wanted to say thanks for always being so open and honest! I was a weightwatcher (started 2 years ago) and found that I was only maintaining my weight after the switch to pointsplus. I cancelled my subscription because I didn't feel that it was helping me reach my goal. Now that I've gained back most of what I'd lost, I'm starting (today!) to really work on reaching my goals. Thank you for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song-- going on my running playlist. I just started WW-- it sounds like you have issues with it. I've never been on the Point Plus system. What do you feel is wrong with it? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the loss nonetheless Alissa! Bummer about the tree! :) I hate how "naked" it feels after they cut them down like that.. I agree, why not just a trim? They did something similar by my place not too long ago :/ Looking forward to hearing about the 5K.. getting ready to get it going again :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...