SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 26, 2012

#BestBodyBootcamp Week 5 in Review

bootcamp_large

You can read about the Best Body Bootcamp, if you are interested!

My 2 personal goals:
  1. Drink 64 oz. of water.
  2. Eat 3 servings of vegetables.

Overall personal goal analysis: I met my water goal all 7 days and missed my veggie goal on two days. Being on vacation really threw me for a loop on that one. I could have done better, that’s for sure.


Here’s how my workouts went:

Monday: I completed my Workout A and cardio workout. I did the cardio part on the bike.


Tuesday: I woke up early on my travel day to make sure I got my workout in. I completed my Workout B and cardio workout. I did the cardio part on the bike again.


Wednesday: Hubby and I headed out for a run along the ocean in Florida! We ran 2 miles and then walked back 2 miles. That met my cardio workout criteria.


Thursday: This was my Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k Day. Hubby and I participated in an organized 5K. I ran the 5K in 37:23, beating my previous PR by 3 seconds! Whoohoo! This served as my second cardio workout for the week.

Friday: All in all, hubby and I walked 3.5 miles on the beach and also rented bikes and biked 6 miles on the beach. It was a very active morning! I will be sure to share pics when I get the chance! This was my cardio of choice day.

Saturday: Travel day, which turned into a rest day. Literally. Hubby and I spent the afternoon napping when we got home!

Sunday: Turned into another rest day. It was a busy day with our second Thanksgiving meal and I had to catch up on work for job #2 and prepare for a business trip for job #1.


Overall workout analysis: I am very proud at how active hubby and I were over our vacation. I think it’s proof that we have changed our lives. We actually ENJOY being active together, it’s so much fun! My favorite part of the vacation was the beach bike ride.


How I feel: I’m actually feeling tired and a bit miserable.

While I did keep up my workouts, my eating has slowly gotten off course. I am trying to make good decisions, but I’ve had to eat out basically every day since Tuesday of last week. This will continue through this week as I am away for work this week. I’m really hoping this won’t undo all of my hard work.

For next week: Today was a rest day, which means I have to be very good about getting my workouts in the rest of the week. The hotel I’m staying at does not have a fitness center and it’s VERY, VERY cold outside. But I’m planning on bundling up and going for runs outside. I HAVE to do SOMETHING.

If you’re following the Best Body Bootcamp, how was your week?

If you’re not following the plan, what tips do you have to stay on track when you’re traveling or away from home for work?

5 comments :

  1. I wish I had a tip to suggest, but I struggle as well. Just remember, every day is a new day, a day to start fresh and make better choices. Maybe the eating isn't fabulous, but maybe you can kick it up a notch and squeeze in some extra jumping jacks mid-day to keep the HR up and ready. good luck this upcoming week :) You totally have the ability, just remind yourself that youre worth the extra step in the long run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had to travel for work but when I am on vacation I try and order from the appetizer menu. That way I can keep it smalland hopefully not do too much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the activity while you were away. Take care Alissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy, having to travel right after Thanksgiving. Bummer. Things always happen back to back, it seems! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...