SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 12, 2012

#BestBodyBootcamp Week 3 in Review

bootcamp_large

You can read about the Best Body Bootcamp, if you are interested!

I kept my 2 personal goals the same because I feel they’re both important goals to work towards and I still have to work to meet the veggie goal. That and I never got around to creating new goals. Winking smile

My 2 personal goals:

  1. Drink 64 oz. of water.
  2. Eat 3 servings of vegetables.

Overall personal goal analysis: I met both of these goals all 7 days. It’s still a struggle to get those veggies in but having this goal keeps me mindful and it’s definitely forcing me to eat my veggies! I’m hoping to make this a habit.

Here’s how my workouts went:

Monday: I completed the optional cardio of choice workout by walking 1.6 miles with hubby. It took a little over 33 minutes.

Tuesday: I completed an Intervals A workout, completing 1.5 miles in a little over 22 minutes. I also did Workout A.

Wednesday: I took a rest day, simply because I didn’t have a lot of time. But I got some good news at the doctor!

Thursday: I completed Intervals B by running/walking 2.61 miles in 38 minutes. I also did a core workout. Those X-crunches are killers!

Friday: I completed Workout B and chose to bike 3.4 miles in 15 minutes, which was the optional cardio part of the workout. I had terrible pain in my butt/hip area, but after lots of foam rolling it went away.

Saturday: I didn’t have enough time in the day to fit in a workout, so I took my second rest day. I had such intense calf pain from Workout B that I could hardly walk! I did get in some yard work though.

Sunday: Since I didn’t fit in my workout on Saturday, I got up early on Sunday to make sure I fit in my 5th workout of the week. I completed my second day of Intervals B and Core. This time I completed the intervals on the stationary bike because of the calf pain.

Overall workout analysis: In the past 7 days, I burned 1,428 calories through exercise. That seems like a lot to me! Overall, I fit in 5 workouts, which is the goal.

The calf pain is so intense and I think there is swelling in my calf muscles. I have never had that kind of pain in my calf muscles before! I guess Workout B really worked! I’m actually taking today as a rest day because they still don’t feel 100%. Time to give my body a rest.

How I feel: Disappointed.

I really shouldn’t feel disappointed. I met all of my goals for the week. But I missed out on Workout C again! I can’t help but feel like I am failing since I am not getting all 6 workouts in each week. But I know that I am doing the best that I can right now. So that should be enough! But the scale is not showing me any love, despite reducing my points and continuing the exercise…what is wrong with me?

I am proud of myself for waking up early on Sunday to make sure I fit that 5th workout in though!

For next week: Looking at the week ahead, I know it’s going to be hard to fit in 5 workouts, but I’m sure going to try.

If you’re following the Best Body Bootcamp, how was your week?

If you’re not following the plan, have you ever hit a weight loss plateau for a long time, such as a year or more? What did you do to break through it?

Don’t forget about the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k! Have you signed up yet?

4 comments :

  1. You really should be proud of all you have accomplished. You're doing great. And wait until you start seeing inch loss. It's much better than weight loss.

    My week of bootcamp was really good. I'm most proud that I have stuck with it for full 3 weeks so far. I have hit almost all my goals except for 2 days last week.

    I have hit a plateau for over a year and once I stopped worrying about the scale and changing things up, things started to happen. More mentally but I feel great physically now.

    I wish you an awesome week. GO AFTER IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sounds like you had a good week. I can't seem to stay focused on exercising. I walk for a couple of weeks then I drop off to nothing. I wish I could figure out how to stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are doing really well Alissa!!! You see so on track. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
    It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made
    good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.
    Here is my webpage :: free iphone

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...