SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 16, 2012

Maybe things are turning around…?

FINALLY FRIDAY!!

For breakfast, I scrambled an egg with Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles. I also had a light toast with pumpkin spice cream cheese, a side of fruit, and skim milk.

111612 001

While working, I sipped on a cup of this:

111612 003

This was REALLY good. I love how the Keurig coffee tastes like something from Starbucks every time! LOVE IT!

On my first break, I ate a gouda snack stick.

111612 004

I also ate 2 Halloween pistachio packs.

111612 005

I don’t want to jump the gun here, but I had a HUGE loss this morning. I literally said YES!!!! when I weighed in. lol. Let’s hope being away from home and the holiday doesn’t trip me up now. I’m going to try to be strong and hubby promises to help me and work out with me every day next week. The following week, I’m on my own, but I have a plan!

For lunch, I ate a salad with leftover shredded turkey, BBQ, blue cheese crumbles, avocado, tomato and egg whites.

111612 007

Yum, it was so good! I actually picked up this oven ready turkey and baked it on Monday. It was so easy and so delicious. I don’t know why the only time out of the year we eat turkey is on Thanksgiving? I definitely want to incorporate more turkey into my life! Winking smile

I held off on any dessert again. I have to let my stomach realize that it’s full. I was satisfied, but then I got hungry a couple of hours later, which is probably totally normal.

I wanted to save my points, so I settled for a cup of coffee.

111612 008

I’ve learned that my afternoon cup of coffee is great motivation to workout…seriously. I find the energy to get that workout in after a cup of coffee.

Coffee also helps me focus on my work. I worked on Job #2 after that and got everything done for the early deadline with the holiday coming up! A good feeling!

You want to know another secret that I use to make myself work out? *And hey, I’m sorry that working out takes effort for me and I have to FORCE myself to work out. BUT even Jillian Michaels says she hates working out. lol** If I don’t shower in the morning, I can never use the excuse that I don’t want to have to shower *AGAIN*. That’s kind of gross but then I get myself out there, work out, and take my shower towards the evening. I can only do this since I work from home. If I went into the office, I’d get complaints about my body odor…justttt kiddin! Winking smile

But I got that workout in. I’m always glad when I do.

I completed my second Intervals B workout today. I completed 2.74 miles in 40 minutes. I walked the recovery periods. I burned 423 calories. I’ve been doing this thing lately where I run with all I have for the last part of my last run. This time I met a new record for my fastest sprint! 8:45 was my fastest pace. Pretty cool!

Here I am post run:

111612 013

I felt like I was really slow today and was feeling a little disappointed in myself. This is why I love my Garmin Forerunner. I was able to compare my last three Interval B runs and compare them.

I actually did just about the same in all 3 workouts. My avg. pace in all 3 workouts (walks included) was about the same. 4.1 mph, 4.2 mph, and 4.1 mph. The crazy thing was that I felt more tired this time, but I burned the most calories on this last workout. So maybe I didn’t do so bad!

I made sure to complete my core workout right when I got home. My abs were on FIRE again.

Now I need to get the house cleaned up! My brother is coming to visit for the weekend!

Tonight, hubby and I are going to run errands and go out for a quick supper.

Have a good weekend!

12 comments :

  1. Your salad looks amazing!! And good job on the workout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your loss sticks. You have worked hard for it, and I know that feels good to see the reward of your efforts! I also don't ever work out after showering. LOL Staying stinky is definitely motivation. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol let me clarify, I shower AFTER my workouts... I just don't shower in the mornings sometimes to force myself to workout so that I can't use the excuse that I won't have time to shower before I have to go somewhere because I have to shower anyways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what I sounded like. But that's what I meant, too! LOL I wake up and won't shower until after my walk because if I shower first, I won't walk. And if that means I have to stay unshowered until 2 pm, then it just does. Sorry to admit. haha I truly believe that you DO shower! LOL

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the loss! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog - congrats on your success! Awesome!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the scale is showing a loss, you have worked hard for that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are two of my favourite pods!
    Have a great visit with your brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the loss! :) And I totally do the shower thing, too! Hey...whatever works to get out there and work out, right?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally love the orange keurig!! So stinkin cute. I loveeeee coffeeeeee. Congrats on the loss girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your salad looked so delicious!! Congrats on the loss!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...