SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Weekend

This weekend hasn’t been my best, but I’m not letting it derail me. I had an episode with cookies, but every. single. point. has been counted.

We have gone out to eat twice this weekend. Both times, I made modifications so that my meal would be less points. But still, we all know that restaurant food is loaded with sodium and who knows what else.

Actually, I do know, because last night we went out for Japanese with my brother and we watched the chef POUR on the salt and use mounds of butter. Ugh. It sickened me. And as expected, I woke up in the night feeling sick and miserable. My body is not used to that kind of food anymore.

This has been hubby and my favorite restaurant for some time. We don’t go there often because it’s pricey, but usually to celebrate a special occasion. Now, it just sickens me to think about it. I told him I don’t really want to eat there anymore. Hubby and I both agreed that in the future, we’ll just go for the salad, miso soup, and sushi. Who needs hibachi, really?

But here’s what I’m doing right.

I woke up early this morning, despite feeling bloated and miserable, and geared up and went running outside. It’s in the 30s! Yes, I’m proud of myself too. And then I came home and did a 20 minute strength workout. After lunch, I headed out again. I walked 1.5 miles.

I am drinking water like it’s going out of style because it’s the only thing that makes me feel better and I know my body desperately needs it.

I am dangerously low on weekly points ALREADY. Which scares me because they don’t reset until Thursday and we’re leaving on vacation on Tuesday. That’s why I’m going to try to increase my workouts. It’s likely I may have to eat some of my activity points this week, and I want to make sure I earn as many as possible.

So there ya have it! A little stumble in my path but I refuse to let it get me down! I’ll just make modifications to make up for it.

Hope your weekend is going well!

5 comments :

  1. You have the right attitude. Just get back on on track! That alone should make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way to do it!! It's all about balance :). You have a slip up with food and over indulge a bit? It's not a big deal, just step up the exercise. Make up for it.
    Oh, and about the bloating and gut bomb? Try a green smoothie. It works for me EVERYTIME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No such thing as perfection. Just do the best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweets are definitely a stumbling block for me, ESPECIALLY if I'm *making* that dessert. I love uncooked batters, and then of course you "have" to test the produce once it's done, right? LOL Ugh. Way to go for counting it and moving on. Sorry it sucked away a lot of the points. You are very good at earning APs. You will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://naturallydowntoearth.com/category/pass-cake-walk-today

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...