SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 30, 2012

THB5K and Weigh in Day

Someone asked when I was going to announce the winners of the THB5K, so I wanted to update you all. If you’ve been reading my blog, you know that I’ve been away for two weeks. As much as I’ve wanted to, I haven’t had the time to finish the post with all of the participant information and announce the winners. But I am back at home now and I hope to get everything done by Monday! I’m really sorry that it has taken me so long, I hope you understand.



So this morning I stepped on the scale expecting the worst. I even told my husband, “this is going to ruin my day” and he told me not to weigh in for a few days. lol.

Well, I said I needed to face the truth and see where I’m at so that I can do something about it and stepped on the scale.

To my surprise, I had LOST over 4 lbs. since I left on the work trip!

WHAT?!

I ate all kinds of rich foods! But my efforts to stay mindful (most of the time!) and to exercise every day must have paid off.

This is way out of the ordinary for me to have a loss. It’s really weird. Normally, I’d be up 10 lbs. I will weigh in next Thursday on my official weigh in day, so that gives me almost a week of normal eating again (hopefully!). I think I will actually have a loss after these 2 weeks of traveling.

And that is a HUGE relief to me!

Happy Friday!!

11 comments :

  1. That is awesome! Who does that? It just shows that you really are aware of your food intake and pay attention to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Congrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! That is awesome! Another blog I follow, the lady eats strictly and loses only 0.2 or so each week. She also had a 2-lb loss over Thanksgiving and was shocked. I am wondering if it's a clue that your metabolism needs a shock or something... maybe strict days and an indulgent day or 2 (by using your weeklies) in the mix each week or every other week. I dunno. Regardless, I am so glad the weighing in MADE YOUR DAY instead of ruining it!!! I bet hubby is super excited, too! Our poor husbands put up with a lot of mood. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes our bodies are slow in letting go of pounds. It is great that you had a loss. Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the weight lost while being away! That must have made your day! Awesome =) Looking forward to the THB5K results! don’t worry we understand! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go on the weight loss!!! I'm also excited to see the THB5K post but totally understand the "too busy to get it done" thing!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful!!!

    And no biggie about the 5K update...understandable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Maybe you are not eating enough at home. I would suggest looking into my fitness pal..

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so great that the scale showed you love! Sometime the scale surprises! Have a great weekend Alissa.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's amazing how far just being aware of what you are eating can help. Each little choice adds up quicker than we think!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just love when that happens? :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...