SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Exciting News at the Doctor: It’s Worth It!

Today I had my yearly doctor’s appointment.I was INCREDIBLY nervous about it. I had a headache, I even had stomach issues due to nerves. I was anticipating the worst.

Let me tell you why.

If you’ve been following my journey for some time, you know that the primary reason that I started this journey was because I was told that it wasn’t recommended that I have a baby at my weight. Now, I wasn’t WANTING a baby quite yet at that point in my life, but the doctor forewarned me. It was devastating because I knew it was something hubby and I wanted in our future.

This happened every year, even as recently as last year. Last year, I left the appointment in tears because the doctor recommended, once again, that I not get pregnant. (I wasn’t ready yet anyways…) While my weight was finally getting under control, my blood pressure was too high and she told me I must do something about it.

Over this past year, I found a new primary doctor. She is WONDERFUL. She got me on a regimen to control my blood pressure and I am SO happy to say that every time I take my blood pressure it is NORMAL! Today it was 116/69. ME…the girl with WHITE COAT SYNDROME. So that was under control.

Well, hubby and I have some plans. We’re ready to START THINKING about having a baby. *squeal* I know, right?! Open-mouthed smile

Now don’t get too excited yet. We aren’t ready to start until next year. And God willing, we will be able to have a child.

My doctor told me that the birth control I am currently on is for people with high blood pressure, so it’s not going to make a difference with my blood pressure. While my blood pressure is now under control, I am also taking meds that cannot be taken while pregnant.

I asked her straight forwardly, is there any reason that I am not healthy enough or that you don’t recommend I have a baby? And she said, “Absolutely not. You will be just fine!”

Now that was good news. I don’t know if she changed her mind because she finally saw good blood pressure numbers and knew that I cared? Or what?

She asked me if I still exercise. I said, yes I do, and you probably have noticed that I have gained weight, but I have not given up. She said, “Oh, some…but not that much! No biggie! You are at a transition point in your life. Graduating college, a new job. You’re under stress. Totally normal!”

Now I have had two doctors tell me that. The first one, after I broke down and cried about it in her office. lol. That was really a relief to know that MAYBE, this is a response that NORMAL people have to stressful transitional points I life. I haven’t given up.

So you can imagine how I left that doctor’s appointment. I am flying high. I am so happy. And hubby is happy too. He told me he did not want me to get pregnant until the doctor said it was ok. And I understand that, he cares about me and MY health too.

So now I have to see my primary doctor to get the BP meds figured out that will be ok for me to take in the event that I am pregnant. She explained to me that I may have to take a pill 3 times a day versus once a day, but I can handle that.

WE CAN START A FAMILY!!!!!

Ok, Ok, Ok. Calm down. We’re not starting one yet. I will continue my birth control until AT LEAST the blood pressure is figured out. We all know what a process that can be with finding the right doses, etc.

What I’m trying to say in this post is…while we’re not ready QUITE YET, it’s a POSSIBLITY! There’s HOPE!

So for now, I am going to continue with this healthy lifestyle and weight loss. I want to lose as much weight as I can and be as healthy as I can until the day I find out I’m pregnant. We’re not even TRYING yet, but it’s in the future. And I’m so excited.

Today is the day that my hard work has paid off. I started this journey so that I would be healthy enough to have a baby someday. I’m not at my goal yet, but I sure am getting there. The healthy habits have been made. I am a different person. A totally different person. Thank goodness for that.

If you’re wondering if this weight loss thing is worth it. It’s TOTALLY worth it.

12 comments :

  1. Extremely exciting news! I know being a good mommy in the future was one of my big motivators getting on the healthy bandwagon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news!! Glad you got a better Dr as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would call that the biggest NSV ever. I'm excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you! I had a blood pressure problem last year and I was told to stop taking my birth control because it can make the bp go up. That is when I got pregnant. When I got pregnant my blood pressure was under control, but at week 38 I did start having some issues with blood pressure. It is because you get back up to a weight you have not seen in a while and the baby. It goes away as soon as the baby is born though. It must be an amazing feeling to hear that it is ok. Even though you are planning for next year, it is just nice to know you can if you wanted to.
    Congrats on finding a great doctor too - they are hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you've found a doctor that you like and that you have had good news concerning starting a family. We were married for 14 years before we started a family. I was 32 years old when the first one was born and 34 with the second. I think it might have been a little easier on my body if I had done it a few years earlier but all is well. You sound so happy and that is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting time Alissa! Enjoy it! You have earned it. You worked hard to get where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gurl. I totaly 100% know how exciting this is for you!!! I havent had bloody insurance in so long that I dont know what a doctor would have told me (lol) but I knew MYSELF that I didnt want to get preggo or try to get preggo at the weight I was at. I could cry when I look back at how far I have come in the past couple months just since JULY! I am soo happy for you because I myself also cant wait for the day to announce that!! Right now, I am satisfied and content with not having kids but I know I want to have them soon. And hopefully I will be very much ready for them!!! SO stinking excited for you and the hubby!! I cant wait to see the beautiful kiddos God blesses you with!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, how absolutely wonderful! I am so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you! I can only imagine how happy you are! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY VERY VERY exciting!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you and your hubby!!!!! Hugs across the miles to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YAY!! That is exciting news!

    I too am trying to lose weight, so we can get back on the wagon of trying to have a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to share the experience of motherhood with you!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...