SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Weigh in Day and Modifications

After another week on track, I lost .4 lbs. That’s a total of .8 lbs. since starting back on Weight Watchers Points Plus 3 weeks ago.

I have been following my points and exercising. Last week, I thought the small loss was due to TOM. This week, I’m not really sure. Although I’m wondering if my weird cycle is going to give me TOM AGAIN!

Is something wrong with me?! I’m starting to wonder! While weight loss has always been slow for me, I almost always lost about a pound a week when I had good weeks. Now this is three weeks in and a .8 lb. loss TOTAL.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m glad the GAINING weight cycle is over. At least I’m preventing anymore weight gain. THANK GOODNESS!

So, as I promised, I decreased my daily points values. I went with the lowest they would allow me to do, which only decreases my daily points by 3 per day, but 21 per week. I like the idea with having weekly points. They allow me to go over my daily points without feeling like I’ve totally ruined everything. It’s a mental thing. If I go one GOOD week (no TOM, sickness, etc.) with less than a 1 lb. loss, I will look at decreasing my weekly points next.

For breakfast this morning, I ate a piece of Trader Joe’s wheat toast with peanut butter and a sliced banana along with a glass of milk.

11812 001

My go-to breakfast.

While working, I sipped on my coffee with creamer.

11812 002

On my break, I ate a gouda snack stick.

11812 003

And raw cauliflower. I had forgotten how good this stuff is. And you all know how I struggle with my veggies…

11812 004

I actually got off of work a couple of hours early. Yippee!!

I ate an early lunch of egg whites, tomatoes, onions, and mushrooms topped with avocado. I also had 3 strips of turkey bacon and a small bowl of strawberries and blackberries.

11812 005

I was still hungry after I ate this, so I sat there and thought about it. I realized that I felt as hungry AFTER eating it as I did BEFORE eating it. Now that’s not right. So I decided that my stomach must not have recognized that I ate something and gave it some time. I drank some water and eventually the hunger feeling went away. I wasn’t HUNGRY but also didn’t feel stuffed. So I guess that’s just right!

This type of behavior should occur subconsciously, you’d think. I guess not for me. But I’m going to try to pay attention to it a little better. Being MINDFUL seems to be the key.

I hit this afternoon slump EVERY SINGLE DAY. I wonder if it has something to do with what I eat for lunch. No idea. Anyways, today, I didn’t think I was going to get over that slump, but all the sudden, I felt energized again. Coffee free, too!

I headed outside for my intervals B workout.

11812 006

I tried to run faster on the challenging pace intervals but walked at the recovery intervals. The total workout took me 38:36 and I completed 2.61 miles. That’s with a warm up walk and cool down walk also. My max speed was 6.4 mph. That’s faster than I would run on the treadmill, although I didn’t keep it up for a long time, I averaged about 5 mph on my running portions.

This chart shows my speed. I know it’s hard to see on here, but the higher portions are my running intervals and the lower are my recovery intervals. Funny how the farther I got, the slower I got…even my walking intervals!

image

I forgot to wear my chest strap so I didn’t get my HR data. Garmin projects that I burned 382 calories.

I came home and wanted to get the 2nd part of my workout out of the way. I completed the core workout, which consisted of 2 sets of numerous reps of three different core workouts. These X-crunches KILLED ME! I wanted to SCREAM when I finished each set! I will be sore tomorrow for sure.

That was a quick 7 minute workout. I did wear my chest strap for that. 36 calories. And that’s because my HR was still elevated from the run!

I’m proud of myself for sticking with this program. I want to try to get through the other 3 workouts this week, but have to do at least 2.

I kind of decided to take today off of job #2. Not too much to work on anyways! Since I do this 7 days a week, this can happen sometimes. I love that I can set my schedule most days. Smile

Hubby called to say he was on his way home and he was just as hungry as I was, so we decided to eat a super early supper instead of snacking.

I made chili dogs with FF Hebrew National hot dogs, light bread, homemade chili topped with a little low fat cheddar. Hubby also brought home some potato salad.

11812 008

I also ate a salad with lettuce, tomato, feta, pecans, and honey mustard.

11812 007

I finished it up with a No Pudge brownie. Wouldn’t ya know, I forgot to take a picture of that!

That puts me at using 1 weekly point.

Overall, I had a good day! Now hubby and I have lots of time to just relax!

Have you signed up for the Thankful Healthy Blogger 5k yet?

6 comments :

  1. You always have the cutest travel coffee mugs! I love !! Anyways yummy hot dog!!! And I am going to have to try the gouda cheese stick!! Yay for a loss!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go back to the old weight watchers plan because my body would not keep any weight off from the new plan. I still keep more mindful and don't waste points on 100 calorie pack snacks. Just counting the fruit makes a big difference here. I was unable to loose very much weight in the last year. 4 weeks ago I went back on the old plan...and it is a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing simply filling method and it's been working well for me. Just less processed foods.
    Maybe your body just needs to catch up to what your doing and eventually it will have to give up more lbs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there! I'm also doing WW and the Bootcamp. Over the first 2 weeks I only lost less than a pound. Last week I had a 1.2 pound loss - then I weighed in today and was UP 3.4!!! It was not a stellar week, but it's not fair that it took 3 weeks to lose 2 pounds, and then 1 week to GAIN 3.4. I'm trying to figure it out too. Thank goodness for the Bootcamp challenge though - or I'd be pigging out on Halloween candy somewhere!!!

    We can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! I am been following your blog for a while now and I understand your frustration with weight loss. Been there. Time for you to change up and visit marksdailyapple.com. It changed my life. Good Luck, Judith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there - Your food always looks so nutritious and delicious, it will budge! I really think I need to pay more attention to my "full" signals, I think sometimes I just THINK I'm hungry! It's hard to break a lifetime of bad habits.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...