SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Weigh in day and such

This morning was weigh in day. I lost .2 lbs. That coming after reducing my points this past week. That’s 1 lb. lost in a month of being on track.

BUT, it was TOM again. I am not making any excuses, nor do I need to make excuses. I put in the work and I was on track. But we all know what our bodies do the week before and the week of a period. Imagine going through that cycle for a month straight. That’s pretty much what has happened. I have not been stuffing my mouth with junk.

I’m just happy I’m not gaining.

I have been within my points all four weeks, including weekly and APs. I took a look at the last 4 weeks and here’s what I found:

Week 1-

I ate 279 points (including the weekly points)

I ate 41/49 weekly

I ate 0/44 earned AP

= 0.1 +

Week 2-

I ate 317 points (including the weekly points)

I ate 49/49 weekly

I ate 30/40 earned AP

= –0.5

Week 3-

I ate 289 points (including the weekly points)

I ate 49/49 weekly

I ate 2/28 earned AP

= –0.4

Week 4-

I ate 272 points (including the weekly points)

I ate 49/49 weekly

I ate 6/36 earned AP

= –0.2

I know the amount of points eaten seems like a TON! This is for all 7 days combined. WW recommended that I eat 34 points plus per day, which I did for the first 3 weeks. This last week, I reduced my daily points to the lowest they will allow me, at 31 points plus per day.

Mathematically, it would seem that eating less points would equate a larger loss. According to these data, eating more points equated to a larger loss. My two lowest point weeks equated to one gain and my smallest loss. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that one, although I’ve heard it many times. I’m not going to take that as the answer quite yet though.

I’m going to continue this week as is with reduced daily points. I will do this for one more week. As long as it’s a good week on track, if I don’t lose at least 1 lb., I will adjust my points again. I’m not sure if, at that point, I should reduce my points more (not as many weekly points) or if I should INCREASE my points. This is why I wish I had a professional to work with. I don’t know where to turn for help.

I know it’s really easy to judge me. You’d think if a person is dieting and exercising that they would have results. I KNOW THAT. That’s what this is frustrating to me, because I AM. I am not lying to you all and it breaks my heart that a couple of people think that. Why is it that the opinions of one or two ignorant critics can totally

My husband reminds me that I KNOW that I’m doing all that I can and that’s what matters. He tells me to just keep up what I’m doing, that it’s making me healthier anyways. <3

The next couple of weeks will be tough. I will not be able to have my official weigh in day for two weeks now, so it’s going to be hard to track on a weekly basis what these changes are doing. I will be eating out basically for every meal the next 2 weeks. I do have a plan for my two weeks ahead and I am dedicated to continue within my points and getting in my exercise. I’m glad I’m in a much better place MENTALLY than I was a month ago. I can handle this. This is about health for me more than ever…especially with our upcoming plans to start a family.

Time to move on.

For breakfast this morning, I ate oatmeal with freshly sliced strawberries and a glass of skim.

111512 001

While working, I sipped on coffee with peppermint mocha creamer.

111512 002

On my break, I ate two packets of Halloween pistachios. These little guys are 1 points plus for 2 packets. I love the portion control.

111512 003

111512 004

It was a pretty slow day at work today, which was nice.

For lunch, I ate a baked potato topped with steamed broccoli and 2% cheddar.

111512 005

Yum, baked potatoes are always so delicious!

I still felt hungry but I wanted to save my points, so I told myself to just wait before eating anything else. I did some households tasks, made up a dessert for tonight, and got some things done. Sure enough, the hunger disappeared.

After lunch, I sat down and wrote a guest post, which will be shared sometime this next week.

And I finally decided to try out my Keurig! I was amazed at how simple this was. I had one of those Tassimo systems from WAY back and we never got it to work right. This was so easy!

111512 007

111512 010

I had the Green Mountain Pumpkin Spice coffee, which I sipped on while working job #2.

111512 008

After finishing up my work, I got started on Workout C, which is a strength workout. This was a FABULOUS arms workout. My biceps were on fire by the time this was done. This took me about 18 minutes. Probably should have taken me longer but I didn’t rest the full 20-30 seconds between reps. Probably important to do that, huh? I burned 79 calories.

I don’t care what the scale says, my body is feeling SMALLER. Not only that, but my clothes are fitting looser. So I’m sure SOMETHING is happening. It feels good. Smile

There was another optional 15-20 minutes of cardio. I did the 15 minutes because I was running late! I biked 4 miles and burned 107 calories.

A lighter workout day, cardio wise, but a good strength workout.

Another good day! Tonight we are having ladies night at my friend’s house. Three of us are doing Weight Watchers, so we’re making it a WW friendly meal! I have all of my points planned and I’m brining Pumpkin Mousse! Yum!

Have a good night!

13 comments :

  1. Please don't be discouraged. Our bodies doesn't always lose in a linear fashion. TOM always makes me bloat.

    You are doing fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am at the same point, different story but same chapter so to speak.. I've been losing thanks to my surgery, but TOM comes and I've gained almost 3 lbs in ONE DAY! We all know what TOM does to our bodies.. stupid TOM..

    But I'm glad that you are doing well losing.. WW was hard for me, but it looks like you got it going well for you.. :)

    And the Keurig's are awesome, right!? I want one so bad, but I'm not a coffee drinker so I'm not sure if it'd be worth it..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Keurig I have to admit I use it every day!
    My 2 cents would be to keep doing what you're doing and it will come off. I know it's frustrating but it is going down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's great that you can go back and look at the stats like that. I wish you didn't have that TOM issue 2x a month so you could feel more sure about what's going on! I do think that maybe with how much you're exercising you need to eat more points, not less. I know I've said that before. I don't mean to sound like a broken record. LOL And I also wouldn't claim it as the answer just yet and have a bad reversal on the scale. Just a neat thing to notice in your trend. Best of luck! It's great that you are noticing a difference in your clothes and your mental state. That speaks wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that pumpkin spice!! You are doing so good. Don't let anyone discourage you! Doing so well for a month straight is pretty amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it sounds cliche, but you ate building muscle. That's why your clothes are fitting better and your body is getting smaller. With more muscle mass, your resting metabolic rate will increase. When I first started strength training, my weightless was agonizingly slow, but once my body adapted, it just started falling off!

    Seriously, I would suggest increasing your points again amend making sure you age getting QUALITY (lots) protein on your strength days.

    You've totally got this!! Remember, it's a marathon, not a sprint :)
    -Jessica
    Http://healthyfor100.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh! Sorry for all the typos!! Commenting on an iPad is really a PITB!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to add: I feel you pain !!! I suffer from heavy and long (5-6 weeks at a time) TOM..
    For the last 3 months the scale has moved very little even though I eat well & exercise (running & weight training)...consistantly !! I was so frustrated and getting ready to quit..and then I started carb cycling..!! I eat a small amount of carbs with breakfast everyday & then alternate between eating carbs with every meal & then the next day no carbs after breakfast....I love CARBS so I thought it would be impossible but I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks ....!!! Just thought I would pass that along & wish you well with your journey ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are doing well - just keep going. I am going through the same thing - doing WW and the Bootcamp challenge. I have to believe that we are building muscle with the workouts, and that eventually, the pounds will start falling off. In the 4 weeks of the bootcamp, I think I'm actually up a pound - I had a not-stellar weekend one week and had a big gain (3.6) last week, then lost part of that this week, but not all of it. I agree that it's very frustrating, but we have to keep with it.

    I'm really looking forward to the 5k on Thursday!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's important to remember that muscle weighs more than fat! So the fact that your clothes are looser and you feel smaller, means that something is working! Don't let the ignorance of others bother you - keep on doing what you're doing, because you obviously have plenty more people behind you supporting you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Seems like you should eat your exercise calories/points back.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a good point from Anon ~ the points you are eating have already built in the deficit that you need to lose weight. I know it's intuitive to think that eating less is even better, but it's really not. There is such a thing as eating too little which can lead to metabolic dysfunction (i.e. ~ inability to lose weight consistently). It's only when you are eating ENOUGH, but not too much that our bodies can be happy and settle into it's ideal weight.
    If you had come to me for advice (and I realize you haven't, so take it or leave it, I'm ok with it either way) :) I would tell you to stick with the higher points, don't use your weekly points (unless it's for a planned event ~ such as a holiday, birthday, etc...) and try to eat at least half of your activity points. It may take a few weeks to really see good results, but as long as you are eating REAL FOOD (nothing from a factory ~ or at least very little) and eating enough of it, your body will begin to heal itself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You would live my WW leader. She only lost in tents of a pound - she said the biggest loss she ever saw in one week was 0.8, but it was typically between 0.1 - 0.6. She said it was incredibly frustrating because she followed everything to a tee. But, she lost 65 pounds and has kept it off for many years! That slow loss is the best and most permanent. You are doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...