SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Weigh in Day: A Sigh of Relief

This morning I gained 2.5 lbs. And believe it or not, I am relieved it was only 2.5 lbs. My weight has been WAY up for days and this morning it finally dropped. Not all of the way, but it’s progress. I am accepting that I did not do well this past week and I’m not blaming water weight. I haven’t been dedicated and I haven’t been practicing self control. I indulged TOO much, believe me I am all about indulging in moderation but I was way beyond moderation. This is another confirmation that I am going to struggle with this for the rest of my life. This won’t be the last week like this, but if I just roll with it, accept that I slipped a bit, get back up and keep going, this will be just a tiny little blip on the radar. But I am getting a bit nervous about our cruise coming up in January. We haven’t been on vacation since I started this journey and I know it will be a challenge. Look at me, getting all worried about gaining weight on a cruise that’s still 6 months away! lol

I wasn’t feeling well when I woke up this morning so I didn’t eat breakfast. But I got hungry a while later, while I was working, so I ate a WW yogurt and grapes for 2 points.

8311 002

Attending WW meetings has been so beneficial for me, as I’ve mentioned many times. I pick up so many ideas and tips and things to just kind of toss around in my head. Maybe I don’t act on them right away, but I think about them and they are little “taps on the shoulder” in different situations. Like this morning, I wasn’t hungry. Normally, I would eat a good breakfast anyways because it’s important to eat breakfast. But a few weeks ago, we talked about eating just because it’s the normal time to eat, not because we’re hungry. So that’s something I want to work on. Am I eating because it’s a meal time or snack time, or am I eating because I’m truly hungry? Food for thought! Do you find yourself eating just because it’s a snack or meal time?

I sipped on Yerba mate tea all morning for 0 points.

8311 001

On my first break, I ate an apple with PB for 3 points.

8311 003

My body feels a lot better today too. I don’t feel so puffy and my ring isn’t tight anymore. So I hope to see some pounds drop off over the next week. I still have my cold, which is tiring, but I’m being careful not to let it get any worse. I’m getting lots of fluids and resting as much as possible.

For lunch, I had a BLT and chicken noodle soup for 7 points.

8311 004

8311 005

And I finished it up with a piece of Pineapple Angel Food Cake for 2 points.

8311 006

I wish I had someone to share this with! I have a whole pan of it in the fridge and without hubby home, it’s going to take me a long time to eat it! But he’ll be home tomorrow and I’m sure he’ll help me out. Winking smileSomeone mentioned at the WW meetings that the cake would be good frozen too, so I might have to try that.

On my last break, I ate fresh cherries for 0 points.

8311 007

And still craving something sweet, I had Skinny Cow Dark chocolate Dreamy Clusters for 4 points.

8311 008

Once I was off work, I took some time to read some blogs—I haven’t been keeping up with them lately and I miss reading them!

I ate an early supper of egg beaters with leftover zucchini, ham, and onions and taco cheese along with a PB & Banana sandwich dipped in a tiny bit of sugar free syrup for 13 points.

8311 009

A delicious and filling supper.

I have 2 points left for the day and am not hungry at all right now. My goal is to end the day on point, not using any weekly points. Maybe writing it down and publishing it will help me stick to it. I know conquering my evening snacking is going to be key to my success right now.

I feel like my energy levels are starting to rise again and I’m starting to feel a bit better, but I went outside to water the flowers and that was enough activity to do me in. I was exhausted when I got back inside. Hopefully I’ll be back to normal very soon!

In case you missed it, I am having another giveaway, this one provided by Everyday Health—check it out!

9 comments :

  1. I definitely struggle with weight gain over holidays/vacations. I think everyone has a little "window" where it's ok to gain/lose a few, but you always come back to the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to kick my cold after 3 days, I took some Theraflu tea and the next morning I was soooo much better. Maybe check it out, either way get well :0) that zucchini ham and eggs sounds good right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats right girl!! We always are going to have that week where we overindulge a little bit, its ok!! Account for it and move on!!! ur doin great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just came across your blog, and saw the amazing steady progress you've made so far toward your goal. Keep it up! Here's a Motivation video I recently found - maybe it can help on the tough days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been struggling with weight gain a lot lately. All your food looks delish. I am seriously in need of finding those Skinny Cow treats!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, i'll help you with that pineapple cake. No problem ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, i'll help you with that pineapple cake. No problem ;-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...