SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 8, 2011

Proud of My Day

Hubby had to leave last night instead of this morning. Hopefully this will be the last week that he’s gone!

I was actually hungry for breakfast this morning, so I had a slice of toast with PB/banana and a glass of milk for 5 points.

8811 001

I ran out of time and didn’t get a chance to make my iced latte or coffee and I was a mess this morning! I was drowsy and kept writing words backwards and everything! I guess I need my coffee in the mornings! Coffee cup

On my first break, I ate a cup of grapes for 0 points.

8811 002

And I also made my coffee! French vanilla with Cinnabon creamer for 1 point.

8811 003

The creamer is good—but not amazing. I am starting to crave my coffee hot lately again!

For lunch, I had a BBQ chicken salad for 5 points.

8811 004

I also had a Fiber One brownie for something sweet. I have seen these on other blogs and have been wanting to try them. At only 2 points each, they are pretty delicious!

8811 005

On my last break, I ate a peach for 0 points.

8811 007

I love these juicy Missouri peaches! Yummy!

I got a few things done around the house, including getting some more boxes packed up for the consignment store. I am slowly but surely getting rid of all of my too big clothes and other things too! I actually need to go through my closet again because I’ve been noticing clothes that are too big when I go to wear them. I don’t know if I’m going to have any clothes that fit for the fall and winter!

For supper, I had stuffed clams, sweet corn, cucumbers and tomatoes for 10 points. I loooove those stuffed clams and I think they’re a seasonal item at Aldi’s so I’ll have to stock up on them!

8811 008

And I finished it up with a serving of Blue Bunny I do! I do! Wedding cake ice cream. This stuff is SO, SO good for 4 points.

8811 009

I got my tuition bill for next semester—it’s hard to believe that the summer is almost over and I will be starting my very last semester in a couple of week!

I went out for a walk tonight and it felt awesome. It was beautiful out. Finally it isn’t scorching hot outside. The sun was shining and I listened to some Josh Turner and I just enjoyed my walk! I walked 2.61 miles in 46 minutes and burned 297 calories. So I’d call that a good workout.

This is a bad time for me with my allergies, which I’m sure many of you can relate with! I think that may have been what my “cold” was about last week. So it’s time to get back to regularly using my inhaler and dealing with sinus headaches and difficulty breathing. I have been on Allegra for about a year and I know it helps, but this time of year I still have issues! Any of you allergy sufferers, what do you find works for you? Since I’ve gotten pretty bad in the past, I am much more careful about what I do when I have these issues going on, which usually seem to come up right around this time of year. So for now, I’ll probably stick with lighter workouts until I feel less “congested,” if you will. It rained this afternoon and I think that really helped with the allergens, so my walk was pretty enjoyable except for a stuffy nose, sore throat and a cough when I got home. But I can deal with that!

I have 6 points left for the day, so I did very well today! I am going to make myself a fruit smoothie and relax!

For once I can say that I am proud of my day. I ate well and I exercised and I feel like I was productive. Yay for days like that!

I hope you had a great Monday!

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like an awesome Monday! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. I love these days when things just work out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! That ice cream looks good.. and I think its great you are working out even when you don't feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I'm liking your BBQ salad...looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. w00t! What a great Monday : ) btw, I LOVE the Fiber One brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I miss bananas!!!!

    Since a few cyclones in Australia earlier this year the prices have sky rocketed as most of the banana plantations were wiped out.

    I don't think I have had one since last year...maybe I'll fork out the cash and give in to my banana craving ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alissa! Great Monday, way to go!! Hope you get some allergy relief soon!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...