SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Last “First Day” of School

Since today was my first day of school, I got to sleep in until 7 AM this morning! It thunderstormed and rained all morning. It was perfect sleeping weather.

I ate a banana and drank some water before heading out for a walk. 0 points.

82311 001

I thought I would chance a walk even though it was thundering. It had stopped raining at least. So it was me and my bright orange shirt:

82311 002

My big black umbrella and my neon pink shoelaces:

IMAG0060

And it didn’t rain! I walked 1.65 miles and burned 209 calories.

I wanted to eat a good and filling breakfast because my school schedule is a little weird this semester and I have class from 11-3:15, so no time for a traditional lunch. I ate egg beaters with laughing cow, a cinnamon raisin bagel thin (which I burned in the toaster) with honey nut cream cheese, and fruit for 6 points.

82311 006

I thought I would give dairy a try this morning and see how I felt, you wouldn’t think something so little as laughing cow cheese would be enough to bother me, but you never know. I was feeling so good this morning, but after I ate—I felt incredibly bloated and the heart burn started up again. Sad smile

And then it was off to my last “first day” of school! I am pretty excited about that.

I am taking three classes this semester, usually I take two a semester, so this is a little bit of a change for me. All three classes went very well. I think that ANYTHING would be better than the nightmare of a professor that I had last semester. And I get to take my favorite professor for the third time—and my very last semester! So this should go well. Smile

I was shocked today because 4-5 people came up to me and started talking. I am usually the one that people ignore. Could it be because my appearance is changing? I know people judge overweight people…just kind of funny that this has NEVER happened to me before. I felt more at ease and I actually started a conversation with another girl. I am becoming more confident and I am so glad that I am able to socialize a little better—and practice makes perfect!

It was SO HOT today. And I forgot how hot those class rooms are. I swear with the amount of money I pay for tuition, they should be able to afford a little air conditioning! I brought my own water but ended up buying a bottle of flavored water just to have something cold! 0 points.

82311 014

I actually made a chicken/laughing cow wrap and brought it with me. I ate it before my second class and it worked out quite well. I was feeling weak and I knew it was because I needed to eat something. 4 points.

82311 005

After all three classes were done, I had to make a trip to the IT department to try to get a password reset. There was another girl who was new to campus and asked me if I knew where it was at so I told her just to walk with me because I was going there. We chatted a little bit about our majors and she asked me what I wanted to do, so I told her I wanted to write. She said, “well, yeah…” her tone more like, “Well, Duh…”. Being the nice person that I am, I tried to play it off. She then asked me if I was a member of some club and I said no, and she condescendingly said, “Well you might want to think about that…”. At first I was hurt, my self conscious, shy self with no self respect felt like, Wow, I’m not doing anything right! But then I thought to myself, Who is this girl to tell me that I’m doing things wrong! She doesn’t know me, nor does she know what my life is like! I work for a living so that I can go to school…that doesn’t leave any time for clubs and organizations. Second of all, I have a plan…and just because it isn’t what she’s doing doesn’t mean it’s not a good one! I know what I want to do and I know what will make me happy…so buzz off! lol Don’t you just love people who give unsolicited advice?

So anyway, rant over!

I was absolutely exhausted once school was done! The heat will do that to you…along with first day nerves! I had a gift card for Starbucks so I drove through and got an iced latte…forgetting to tell them to make it skinny and forgetting to tell them to add sweetener and a flavor! I was so out of it! I ended up spending 5 points on this bad boy! Not to mention, almost $4!! Wow, I save a TON of money at home making my own…and they taste better! Winking smile

82311 013

But it helped wake me up a bit, which I really needed! I also snacked on 1/2 serving of Cinnamon almonds for 2 points.

82311 012

And another banana…I know, I know! But they come in some convenient packaging! 0 points. I am recycling the picture from this morning’s banana because I forgot to take a picture of my 2nd one. Winking smile

82311 001

And then I had a cereal bar from Aldi’s for 2 points.

82311 011

Once I got home, I got supper in the oven. We’re going to have baked chicken and probably a side salad. I have 13 points left, so I should be good!

I have a Pampered Chef party to go to tonight at a friend’s house. I’m excited about the party but I am so tired! If they serve food, I will eat a few bites, but hopefully eating supper beforehand should keep me satisfied.

I just wish I had more time in the day to start getting things organized homework wise! Let the stress begin! ahhh!

Tomorrow is weigh in day and if today’s numbers roll over to tomorrow—it’ll be a good one!

10 comments :

  1. Hi Alissa! I emailed you around the new year and have been "lurking" on your blog ever since - it's one of my faves and I read it every day!!! The way you just keep going is SO inspiring!

    Having all those people come up to you might have had something to do with your appearance, but I bet you more than that it had to do with your confidence!! Way to go! :)

    Feel free to stop by my blog anytime! http//hertangledwebs.blogspot.com

    I'm gearing up to lose all this weight once my husband deploys and I'm settled in back home. I'm hoping to have as much success as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting observation about people coming up and talking to you. I wonder though if it's because you feel better about yourself and how you look, and expressed more confidence, that you just naturally attracted people to you.

    Have fun counting down the days left of school (even though you just started!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so disappointed to not get to see the REAL second banana! haha ;) I used to sell Pampered Chef, LOVED IT. Selling it was awesome because I earned every piece of stoneware and cookware for free. I can't afford to buy it flat out, but I do have to say it has lasted me for years, so I guess really it's worth the price. Anywho, I really hate that you're still having the heartburn issue. I'll be glad when you get an appointment for it. You might need to be checked for H. pylori, an infection that people get in the GI system. No one knows why, and it is silent until you start getting ulcer symptoms (a gnawing feeling, early satiety (feeling full early into your meal), a bloated feeling, etc). My mom and my husband both had it. You take 3 antibiotics at the same time along with some Pepto-Bismol for 14 days to cure it. I'm no doctor... just telling you things I do know about. Sounds horrible, but it's such a simple fix. :) Good luck on your WI. I made it to ONEDERLAND at my meeting tonight. In fact, I lost 2.8 and that put me at 197.8. I was soooo excited! Ok... sorry that my comments are always so long. I have dial-up or I'd start my own blog so I could chat and chat. ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want TONS of unsolicited (and sometimes scary) advice- have kids! LOL! I can't tell you how often I get unsolicited parenting advice, and almost all of it from people without kids. Being from the South, I just tell them "bless your heart!" ;)

    Hope your esophagus gets to feeling better fast! People underestimate heartburn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job today! I know how hard it is to eat right while going to school. I was a music student so I was usually at school all day and if I didn't plan ahead I was sunk. I always took bananas too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, I really hope I didn't give unsolicited advice about the H. pylori/heartburn issue. LOL I just realized that and came back to say sorry if so. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I eat more bananas then Ishoudl as well. But they are just too darn easy to keep with me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some people are so rude!

    I think people are approaching you not because you have lost weight but because you are holding yourself differently and your new confidence is showing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled upon your blog and it looks like we have similar interests! Your story is inspiring. I'm in school right now, too and it sure is difficult eating healthy and being in college! Congratulations on your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Alissa, congratulations on your last first day of school!!! VERY excited for you and quite sure you'll breeze through this semester! I think it's great that your confidence is soaring and you are staring conversations. And blech to the woman with unsolicited advice. You live a great balanced life, and she had no right to tell you what to do and not to do. Have a great Wed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...