SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday

It’s Friday! This is my last weekend before school starts, so I’m going to try to make it last as long as possible.

I slept in as long as I could today—which really isn’t that late when you have to work at 7, but it felt great to get a good night’s sleep. I woke up with my throat still sore and heartburn still there, could the two be related? Weird.

I made a quick breakfast of PB/Banana toast with a glass of milk for 5 points.

81911 001

And to avoid coffee, I drank Duchess Grey tea for 0 points.

81911 002

On my first break, I ate an AE Dairy Clementine Greek yogurt for 5 points.

81911 004

I enjoyed those waffles so much last night, I decided to have them for lunch along strawberries and SF syrup and with egg whites/1 egg and laughing cow cheese for 10 points.

81911 005

And now that I’m off work—I have a few errands to run (including picking up some Pepcid AC to try to get rid of this heartburn!) and then let the weekend begin!! Have a great one!

6 comments :

  1. yum yum!! oh how I love looking at your pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try this. Pick up some over-the-counter Prilosec or Prevacid (the generic is called omeprazole, and that is fine, too). The smallest amount they sell is 14 tabs, which is a 2-week supply. You take one table every morning *30 minutes before food consumption* You need to google "acid reflux diet." Not sure why you are having this all of a sudden, but yes - the sore throat and heartburn can most definitely be related. The acid from your stomach may be refluxing upward and causing the acid to make your throat raw. I used to work for a gastroenterologist. Coffee, tea, strawberries, tomatoes... a lot of the things you are eating the past few days are all to be avoided during a flareup like this. I believe even peppermint candy is a no-no! I know you have no way of knowing that, but if you google it you should be able to get a list of things to avoid. You could print it and it will make things simple. I know you have to be miserable after all these days of heartburn/sore throat! ((hugs)) Hope you feel better soon. (PS- I think you really need the above-mentioned meds, and not Pepcid AC. But if that works for you, great).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, and I would recommend taking the medicine for at least one week before stopping it. Something has caused this for you, and by taking the omeprazole each a.m. you are neutralizing the acids in your stomach, not giving them a chance to reharm your healing body. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snaps! I'm jealous of your sleep-in. Great eats, too. YUM!

    As for the heartburn thing: acid reflux? You might want to get that checked out...just to be safe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had an acid relux issue and it most definitely caused a sore throat. I would also see a doctor before starting on an over the counter regimen to make sure it won't interact poorly with any other meds you may take, etc. Good luck! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...