SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Roz Inspired my Breakfast

Ok, so yesterday wasn’t as perfect as I would have liked. I ended up using 4 extra points. Why must I do that at night? It’s not like I needed to eat any more. I think it has become a habit that I need to break. Or else when I feel like I need to eat in the evening, I should just sit down and try to write out why I think I need to eat. More than likely it’s no because I’m hungry. What strategies do you use?

My weight spiked up on Saturday and has been holding steady ever since. Sad smile A couple of poor choices and a meal cooked by someone else (and I didn’t use enough self control).

I wasn’t hungry when I got up again this morning. So I waited until later to eat. I ended up eating at my desk. This breakfast was Roz inspired…I saw this on her blog this morning and had to eat it! I tried to make a breakfast burrito but I made too many egg beaters and ended up having a breakfast taco and an iced latte for 5 points.

080911 001

And it was SOOOO good! I used a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and those just make all the difference with egg beaters!

I wasn’t hungry on my break, so I didn’t eat a snack this morning.

For lunch, I ate a chicken salad sandwich with a tomato along with BBQ Pop Chips for 8 points.

080911 002

I also had a slice of Pineapple Angel Food Cake- that’s right I’m still working on finishing this! 2 points.

080911 003

And I was craving chocolate but knew I didn’t really NEED chocolate—so I decided to eat a peach instead. 0 points. Did I NEED a peach? No, but it’s about choices. And for me, in this moment, a peach was the better alternative.

080911 004

On my last break, I had a cup of cherries for 0 points.

080911 005

I was SOOO tired on my last break. And usually this makes me grab chocolate- which I really wanted to do, but I remember what my WW leader told us at the meeting last week. She said to think about why we want to eat, and if it’s because we’re tired, more than likely we just need a little power nap. So I laid down on the couch for a few minutes and felt a little better. More than anything—it kept me out of the kitchen!

After work, I went out to the garden to pick what was ripe. Check out the big harvest of blackberries! Can anyone think of blackberries anymore without thinking of the phone? I can’t. lol

080911 006

For supper, I ate a Jennie-O turkey burger topped with Swiss cheese and onions along with corn on the cob, cucumbers and tomatoes for 12 points.

080911 007

My WW leader told us about the Jennie-O burgers. I was impressed! It was delicious.

For dessert, I had a serving of Blue Bunny I do! I do! Wedding Cake ice cream for 4 points.

080911 008

I cleaned the house for about 45 minutes. I worked up a sweat and I’m sure I burned a few calories! Gotta love earning activity points and accomplishing something at the same time!

Once that was done, I convinced myself to go outside for a walk. I was glad that I did. I walked 1.6 miles in 30 minutes and burned 179 calories. Felt pretty miserable when I was done though—allergies were a little touchy today. But other than that, it felt great to get some movement in. The weather was beautiful again—so cool outside! It definitely feels like fall is coming. If only hubby were here to walk with me. Next week!

I have 4 points left for the day and I PROMISE that I will keep my snacking under control tonight, especially since tomorrow is weigh in day!!

5 comments :

  1. I think it is about habits and how we feed them. I read the book Savor, and it talked about habit energy. I used to have a lot of habit energy that went into nibbling while I cooked. It is hard to break these habits, but sometimes really being aware can make a difference.

    Those blackberries are gawgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't always work, but tonight I wanted pudding or a Skinny Cow dessert, but I was mostly full from dinner and had eaten my points for the day, so I actually am eating some Extra Dessert gum that is Apple Pie flavored and really good. Like I said, the gum doesn't always win out but those dessert flavors are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. I have the hardest time not eating at night. Snacking just happens sometimes! I've learned that going to bed earlier helps keep me away from the pantry; usually, snacking means I'm trying to pretend I'm not tired, when really I should just go to sleep, already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find a snack in the evenings for one of two reasons... I'm either bored or I know it's in the cabinet. I've tried to make a "to-do" list for things I need to get done each evening to help keep me focused (being productive vs. bored). For the other reason, I've quit buying some foods b/c I'll eat it just because I know it's there. For example, if we have ice cream (not that any food is off limits), I will have some after dinner b/c I know it's in the freezer not necessarily b/c I am hungry. I find if I don't buy it I don't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alissa, AWWW...thanks for the shout out!!! Your breakfast looks SOOOO good, I'm going to follow your lead and put some laughing cow in my egg wrap soon!!! Way to go on making smart choices!! And getting those activity points in! Have a great Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...