SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Slowly but Surely

Yesterday, I got back on the treadmill again. I am really proud of myself this time. I have gone from 1) running 30 seconds, walking 90 seconds, to 2) running 30 seconds, walking 60 seconds, to 3) running 60 seconds, walking 60 seconds. While I am not running marathons (yet), to me, that is improvement! It is obvious that I am improving. I was wondering what was going on because I wasn't getting sore when I worked out, and kicking it up a notch changed that. While I'm not so sore I can't walk, I can tell that I worked out. My muscles are a little sore. It was really a challenge for me to go the whole time, but I did it!!

My husband and I also WALKED to the grocery store instead of driving yesterday. Which added another 2o minutes of activity to my day. I know it's the little changes like that that will make a huge difference. Plus, it's a lot more fun to get exercise in that way. I ended up with 50 minutes of activity yesterday, that's a lot more than I usually get!

2 comments :

  1. Way to push yourself!! That's awesome...keep it up!

    And walking to the grocrey store with hubby...how fun, exercise & time with ur man!! :)

    Happy Sunday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is kind of cool that you guys walked to the grocery store... it is kind of like getting back to how people used to live... going places on foot... I like it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...