SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Better Choices

Life Style Changes. Better Choices. That's what it's all about, right? Every time I have something that I consider a "bad" food, I feel like I have failed. This time around, I am trying to look at this "diet" as a lifestyle change.

For example, today I ate a cheeseburger from McDonald's while I was on the run from work to school. When I stopped beating myself up for a moment and thought about it, I had to give myself a pat on the back. A pat on the back for eating a greasy cheeseburger, you say? Yes, because I only ordered a cheeseburger and a large iced tea. That means no fries, no dessert, and no pop. I got in 4 cups of water for the day at that! It filled me up and I felt satisfied. Is this something I should do everyday? Absolutely not. But life is always going to have McDonald's, and I am going to have to indulge every once in a while. It's not the end of a healthy lifestyle.

1 comment :

  1. That is a huge accomplishment and I hope you know it. I can't even describe how good it feels (for me) to have a moment of moderation. Like- this is how I am going to change my life... by not going to crazy extremes... GREAT STUFF!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...